Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plumbing Apprentice/Training

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone knows of any good companies currently looking for plumbing apprentices or knownof any good training facilities that dont charge the earth. I have been applying to balfour beatty etc but wondered if a smaller business might be a better route. I am 24 so still qualify for most apprenticeships but also qualify for for the adult learning loan.

I recently left my job as a department manager in retail and realise that i want to follow my dream of working in the trades.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    Bexley college run a course and have a fairly good track record of getting people on to apprenticeships. You'll likely be learning with a load of 16/17 year olds though! In my experience most people have an "in" into these kind of jobs. If you can support yourself through training for approx 2 years the college route will get you qualified and give you an opportunity to network etc. Course fees are in the region of 1-2 thousand less I think if you 'sign on'.

Steer clear of these 2 week intensive courses etc. They are scams essentially.

Your best bet IMO would be to apply for traineeship/apprenticeship roles at British gas/Thames water/national grid and go from there although literally thousands will be applying.

Good luck though!
  • Options
    Good trade that, good luck mate