Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get Well Soon Joni Mitchell

By coincidence, Joni was featured in a 'Sounds of the 70s' on BBC last week, the first time I had seen her 'live' for ages. She was singing 'Big Yellow Taxi', unaccompanied, a better version than the released recording which was a hit way back when.
I regard Joni as a musical genius, 'Court and Spark' for example is a masterpiece, the best amongst a number of superb albums she has recorded ..

.. then this is on today's BBC website .. as my chosen title states: 'Get Well Soon Joni'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32142332

Comments

• Options
    Agree, Lincs - a fragile, beautiful, musical genius equaled only by one other.

You've been part of my life, all of my life - hang in there, Joni.
  • Options
    Have been listening to "Blue" over the last few days, brilliant. Court & Spark one of my favourites too, and Hejira. Reading the interview linked to the BBC article, unfortunately it seems she has also become rather "eccentric". Hope she gets well soon. Saw her live around the time she married Larry Klein.
  • Options
    Very sad to hear the news of Joni. Personally I think she struggled to come to terms with her vast talent as a singer songwriter, too me the best there has ever been in my life time. She has alway's been 'eccentric' and over the past few years reverted to being a 'painter', her choice....... and although she had trouble with her wonderful voice ( we are told due to smoking) I think she really did not like the music business, because her music did not fit any type of genre, except good music and that would have set her on a collision course with the music business no doubt's. I return to her music, time and again, and hopefully she will recover and have a graceful, peaceful life having given millions of fan's some truly wonderful music.
  • Options
    Absolutely agree with Ken. Her vocals are extrodinary unique...wonderfully exciting. I love the fact of where does she fit in and they can stick their pigeon holes somewhere else. Ladies of Canyon has always been my favourite; Woodstock just grips me every time for its complexity in vocals and always takes me somewhere in my mind....probably in a yellow taxi. Love her and wishing s speedy recovery.
  • Options
    The notion of genius and brilliant are bandied about very readily, but in the case of Joni I think it is absolutely true that she is a musical genius. A superb talent who has enriched the lives of many of us, and I wish her a speedy recovery, and also peace of mind and happiness.
    Best wishes Joni.
  • Options
    God, Henry will be in bits.
  • Options
    Hejira is one of my favourite albums. Good luck Joni.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

God, Henry will be in bits.

You are heartless and tone deaf hence your inability to appreciate her music. You have no soul.

Get well soon.

Where would we be without the songs that Joni wrote?
  • Options
    Hissing of Summer Lawns has been one of my favourite albums for around 35 years, once I'd got over my infatuation with Blue.
  • Options
    Not. Not that Blue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    There was a story on the internet earlier that she was in a coma. The story has since been refuted by her web-site.
  • Options
    Whatever her 'condition' is, it doesn't sound as though she is very well at all .. but she's very wealthy and I am sure getting the very best medical treatment
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/joni-mitchells-website-says-she-124742937.html#WZJDGuG