Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Adam goal

60-65 yards and stunning precision.
Looks like some of the best ever Prem goals this weekend.

Comments

• Options
    Goal of the season.
  • Options
    Better than Becks or Shreks
  • Options
    What a goal. At Chelsea as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

• Options
    I was going to start a thread before I saw this one, amazing goal and looked deliberate too.
  • Options
    Apparently, Zamora got a goal in a million today for QPR at West Brom.
    Can't wait to see it.
  • Options
    Poor from the keeper :wink:
  • Options

Poor from the keeper :wink:

Think the keeper was stunned by how quickly it all happened.
  • Options
    That is some distance, brilliant goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic strike

59 yards according to sky
  • Options
    Outside of the boot as well
  • Options
    If there was such thing as a 'goal and a half', that is it! Definitely meant it.
  • Options

I was going to start a thread before I saw this one, amazing goal and looked deliberate too.

Well it wasn't a cross was it?!
  • Options
    He meant it - give the guy credit, one of the all time great Prem goals.
  • Options
    stumning goal, fantastic technique.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. What a shame they got nothing from the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cafc999 said:

Fantastic strike

I'd guess a bit further than that. The pitch at Stamford Bridge is 112.6 yards. So the half-way line is 56.3 yards. And he looked to to have hit it close to being in line with the edge of the centre circle, meaning almost an extra 10 yards. I reckon that's all of 65 yards.

(Although, if Sky is saying 59 METRES, then I would agree with that!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

Not Bad . I scored at similar one for ST Margaret's Primary School , Plumstead , back in 1980...

Yep, I've scored one like that too and from a harder angle, though the bastards on the opposition claimed it had gone the wrong side of the jumper.
    When we think back to those days I doubt we ever had a pitch of 112 yards with jumpers for goalposts - and if we did the opposition would say as you suggest or that it was over the bar.
  • Options
    Reminiscent of Giggs at the Valley when he hit the bar. Recall Deano was also off his line.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Chizz said:

cafc999 said:

Fantastic strike

I'd guess a bit further than that. The pitch at Stamford Bridge is 112.6 yards. So the half-way line is 56.3 yards. And he looked to to have hit it close to being in line with the edge of the centre circle, meaning almost an extra 10 yards. I reckon that's all of 65 yards.

(Although, if Sky is saying 59 METRES, then I would agree with that!)
    Just quoted what Jamie Redknapp said at half time. I thought it looked longer myself but in future will remember to get my imperial to metric conversion kit out of my pencil case and calculate the distance more accurately for you

;-)
  • Options
    kafka said:

Reminiscent of Giggs at the Valley when he hit the bar. Recall Deano was also off his line.

Remember that one.

The crazy thing was that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer keep running towards goal as if he knew it was going to come back off the crossbar.

• Options
    Great strike but a massive goal keeping error.
  • Options
    Of the ones they showed on MOTD I think Figueroa's was the best. Flat, right in the top corner and keeper nowhere near it.
  • Options
    That was nothing special. I once scored from the edge of my own area in a sunday league match, although I admit it was just a big booted clearance from a corner and was heavily assisted by a very gusty day. I tried to convince my team-mates that I meant it, but they were (rightly) having none of it.................
  • Options
    Interesting article about the goal by Will Unwin from ITV Sport.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-04/charlie-adam-enjoys-the-moment-his-career-was-built-for/