Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gobbing and snorting

Just caught five mins of the stripeys against citeh. But this is a general issue. Why every time there is a close up of a player these days are they gobbing great big greckly spittles or blowing the contents of their brains down their nostrils? It's fecking discusting! And when did this particular affectation start? I don't recall it from tv in my younger days and I certainly didn't do it when I played the game. It's every bloody time. The pitch must be covered in the stuff. Yuck!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Selhurst Park makes you want to do that...
  • Options
    I always cringe at the hand-slap as the sub comes on, right after the sinuses have been emptied through the fingers.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

I always cringe at the hand-slap as the sub comes on, right after the sinuses have been emptied through the fingers.

Are you Sheldon Cooper?
  • Options
    iainment said:

limeygent said:

Are you Sheldon Cooper?
    Strange question.
  • Options
    I sort of like it
  • Options
    limeygent said:

iainment said:

limeygent said:

Are you Sheldon Cooper?
    Strange question.
    dizzee said:

I sort of like it

An even stranger answer!! :-)
  • Options

I don't recall it from tv in my younger days

Don't know what era you're talking about, but I also don't recall seeing it as a kid in the 70's. However, this could be down to the only camera's in the grounds being in the gantry and concentrating on the play, rather than sky's 500 camera's close up on every player, trying to spot that one moment, blow it all out of proportion and spend 20 minutes of "experts" analysing it............
  • Options
    20% of the population (myself amongst them) suffer from exercise induced rhinitis. Simply put, strenuous exercise causes excessive mucus to build up in the nose and throat. Try swallowing about a litre of snot on a 2 hour ride/run for a good reason that snot rockets and gobbing are more prevalent than you'd like to see at football.

The reason you never saw it back in the days is simply because there were only a couple of cameras at the games - not twenty like there are now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have to snot shot at least 5 times a game. Even when I go for a run I have to do it, and spit as well. Nothing I can do about it, as Leroy says above you just can't swallow that much mucus.
  • Options
    Yeh. Why were there spitoons in bars in western films. Being a cowboy can't have been that energetic could it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what do you snotty people do when you play five a side. You're not telling me you do that indoors as well, are you?
  • Options
    I have to agree with Leroy and VG. Impossible to run for 4hrs without spitting the crap out. I'd be sick otherwise.

You should try living or working around Whitechapel, the Bangladeshi population all spit on the floor, including the women and kids. I've never seen anything quite like it tbh.
  • Options
    Go to the far east, you are an outcast there if you don't summon up something with a loud hock and gob it wherever you feel. Even during meals
  • Options
    Okay, okay, I give up!!!!!! winky thing.
  • Options
    Not my thing, but I can see the attraction in leaving in leaving fluids at that place.
  • Options
    What has always amazed me is when players are made to change shirts when spattered with blood when the pitch is about an inch deep in spittle. Surely the health risks must be equal
  • Options

Yeh. Why were there spitoons in bars in western films. Being a cowboy can't have been that energetic could it!

Chewing tobacco...
  • Options
    What - if it catches fire you mean.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    People who swallow chewing tobacco usually throw up, that's why they spit it out. Hence the spittoons.
  • Options
    Sounds like a wonderful pastime. Thanks for the information professor - I'm out!