Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BT internet disruption. Holborn Fire on 1/4

Hi all
We still don't internet at work following this fire on 1/4 our office is old St
. I understand it was a serious incident but do not believe that BT do not have disaster recovery plans in place and can switch routings when needed. I don't know if our office manager is doing all she can or not. Anyone else affected? Or any advice?

On way home to work. At least I get to game on time tonight.

Comments

• Options
    Well it is BT you are talking about.
    As an office manager my worse ever working experience has been dealing with BT.

I still have nightmares over it and rue the day i let this particular person into my office to talk up a good deal.

• Options
    Problem with BT is that they are notoriously hard to pin down when there is problem.
  • Options

Problem with RD is that they are notoriously hard to pin down when there is problem.

• Options
    We have fibre optic cables running underground where the fire was, totally unable to reroute as police and city of London have prevented engineers getting underground to replace them.
    Still toxic fumes and awaiting structural damage clearance.
  • Options
    Here's what usually happens with a BT issue

Outage
    Call BT - "Sorry, that's an engineering issue. You should contact Openreach"
    Call Openreach - "Sorry, that's a service issue. You should contact BT"
    Repeat to fade
  • Options
    Like a lot of big companies:

• Options

We have fibre optic cables running underground where the fire was, totally unable to reroute as police and city of London have prevented engineers getting underground to replace them.
    Still toxic fumes and awaiting structural damage clearance.

So you have no internet either? Have you any idea when it will be fixed?