Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Running Watches & Activity Trackers

Hi all
I'm looking for some advice on running watches, especially those that are Strava compatible and under £150.00.
Those that run what do you use/recommend? I'm sick of having to take my phone out with me... I want to be able to easily upload my runs to strava still but just with a wrist strap rather than an entire phone.
Cheers
Dazzler

Comments

• Dunno about strava but garmin forerunners are the best. I'm sure they would be compatible. It'd be daft if they didn't have strava compatibility
  • Yeah a running watch is advisable, one that doesn't run is pointless really.
  • Talal said:

Yeah a running watch is advisable, one that doesn't run is pointless really.

It's not pointless twice a day.
  • In my opinion, I swear by Garmin. Had an old 405 before I swopped it for a shiny new 620. Am toying with swapping it for a Fenix 3 though.

95% of my running club use Garmin, a few use Tom Tom, Nike + etc.

Best place on the web for reviews of everything running/cycling GPS related is dcrainmaker.com.

If you're looking at around £150, look at the Forerunner 220.

• On the subject of running gear, any recommendations regarding hydration packs / belts etc for longer runs?

• On the subject of running gear, any recommendations regarding hydration packs / belts etc for longer runs?

I use a Salomon XT Twin Belt when I'm running marathons and on my long training runs, which allows me to carry 2 x 500ml bottles of drink, has got a section for my gels (normally get through 5-6 over 26 miles) and a pocket big enough on the back to carry a rolled up jacket and mobile phone.

Its overkill really as you dont need to carry as much stuff as that on a marathon but I like to know its there and with me at all times and means I can run straight through the chaos of the water stations.
  • Garmin FR 620 is great but expensive (can calculate your VO2 max). I just got it's predecessor the 610 for £140 from Runners Needs with a heart rate monitor. Accurate and fast GPS. Shows your pace at any given time which is what I like to see during a race as well as training modules and virtual training partner. And it can connect to Nike Running App.

For belts check out stuff by Nathan. A variety of styles, dependent on you and what races you run really.
  • edited April 2015
    Big old Salomon XT running belt!

Lightweight cheap Nike alternative

Both good belts... However the Salomon is more comfortable according to my PT mate.
  • I've got a Polar M400. Picked it up for about £80 and works for all I need it for. Activity tracker, GPS and comes with all the software which is of a decent enough quality. GPS is pretty accurate on the runs I've done with it!