Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    "Kim was also a star of the sporting arena. His biography claims that he first picked up a golf club in 1994, at North Korea's only golf course, and shot a 38-under par round that included no fewer than 11 holes in one.

Satisfied with his performance, he immediately declared his retirement from the sport."

Brilliant !
  • Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015

"Kim was also a star of the sporting arena. His biography claims that he first picked up a golf club in 1994, at North Korea's only golf course, and shot a 38-under par round that included no fewer than 11 holes in one.

Satisfied with his performance, he immediately declared his retirement from the sport."

Brilliant !

Strange. Let's say it was par 70. It would mean he took 32 strokes for the 7 holes where he didn't get a hole in one. This means that he took about 4.5 shots per hole for these 7 holes. The only explanation is that he must have started with 11 straight holes in one then got the yips and floundered over the last 7 holes. No wonder he gave up with such a loss of form.
    I think you are correct up to the yips.
    It more likely that after the the first 11 hole in ones someone reminded him that he would have to buy a round of drinks in the club house, for everyone, for each hole in one. Not wanting to turn the day into a real session at the bar he played left handed the remaining holes.

• Options

Brilliant !

Strange. Let's say it was par 70. It would mean he took 32 strokes for the 7 holes where he didn't get a hole in one. This means that he took about 4.5 shots per hole for these 7 holes. The only explanation is that he must have started with 11 straight holes in one then got the yips and floundered over the last 7 holes. No wonder he gave up with such a loss of form.
    I think you are correct up to the yips.
    It more likely that after the the first 11 hole in ones someone reminded him that he would have to buy a round of drinks in the club house, for everyone, for each hole in one. Not wanting to turn the day into a real session at the bar he through the remaining holes.
    We've all done that.
  • Options
    I was driving artics by 3 the slow learning divvy
  • Options
    So he could drive at 3, but still ain't had sex into his 30's. Weired!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brogib said:

So he could drive at 3, but still ain't had sex into his 30's. Weired!

Have you seen him ?

• Options
    I was driving since the moment I was born

Driving people up the wall
  • Options

You're telling me, paulie.
  • Options

Yup you and a Korth Korean dictator
    So many threads, so little choice.
  • Options
    and who are the Yips?
  • Options
    IA said:

Brilliant !

If it's par 70 and he finished 38 under par, then he took 32 strokes for all 18 holes. Given that 11 of them were holes-in-one, that means he took 21 strokes for the remaining 7, so an average of 3 strokes per hole. For someone with such exceptional ability, that is a big loss of form, but it would still be good for ordinary people. There might have been a tricky windmill or slide to navigate on these holes.
    Quite right too. I must remember not to post shortly after 6 am after a night of much beer and wine. I ripped up my A grade Maths A level certificate.
  • Options

and who are the Yips?

Tottenham