Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pretty clear priorities for next year

2»

Comments

• Options
    I suspect there will be some departures - non-renewal of contracts, loan endings and, possibly, sales at the right price. Until we know who is leaving it is hard to see what are the "clear priorities".
  • Options

We need 2 new centre backs as tbh is shocking, once again Gomez showed tbh how to play football today. 1 left back, 2 strikers and 2/3 midfielders. But we will have to wait and see as there is some dead wood in our team that needs to leave. But as I back Roland from day one(and got slagged off for it) I believe he will do the right things on and off the pitch this summer.

TBH has been one of our better players this season
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Each to there own but I don't rate him at all and can't wait for him to leave
    Redhenry said:

We need 2 new centre backs as tbh is shocking, once again Gomez showed tbh how to play football today. 1 left back, 2 strikers and 2/3 midfielders. But we will have to wait and see as there is some dead wood in our team that needs to leave. But as I back Roland from day one(and got slagged off for it) I believe he will do the right things on and off the pitch this summer.

TBH has been one of our better players this season
  • Options
    1st priority is keeping Luzon considering RD don't like keeping managers for too long.

But assuming RD keeps this one we need 1 possibly 2 new strikers, a couple of new defenders particularly a left back as agree Fox isn't quite good enough.

We have to aim for top 6 at least given the fact that if the season started when Peeters left we'd be there proves we're capable.
  • Options
    I don't really understand this thread. I don't think there is any guarantee of 2, 3 or 4 upgrades. I think it will be more of a case of some horse trading and, hopefully, a slight improvement. If we are there or thereabouts at Xmas then maybe there will be some notable additions. I think we ought to, at least, prepare ourselves for a team that is similar in standard to the current team when the season starts.
  • Options
    I'm going to be quite cutting here, but this is where I see the need for improvements

Henderson

Solly, Gomez, CB, Wiggins

JBG, Cousins, MC (attack minded), Bulot (if we can get him)

Watt, CF

Subs

Dmitrovic/Pope/Etheridge
    Fox
    Diarrra
    CB
    Vetokele
    Another attack minded midfielder
    Another defensive midfielder