Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best goal that you scored

13»

Comments

• Options

Not a goal in the traditional sense.......but I did hit a rocket of a volley into the fuck-pots of my PE teacher (Mr Jones) on pitch 3 at Eltham Green circa 1984.

Mr Jones(my PE teacher as well) i used to see him running around the fields in New Eltham after i left in 1982.
    He was a running machine. He was getting on a bit when I was there but still ran Marathon's in well under 3 hours.
  • Options
    we had a corner on the right that was hoofed out by their defender. I was standing just inside their half to the left of the centre circle.

I controlled the ball on my chest and volleyed it and to everyone's surprise, including mine, even though it was intentional, it rocketed into the roof of their net.

it was an 8 a side pitch but still pretty special and won goal of the season er hmm!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I played the majority of my minutes on the right full-back and right midfield, scoring goals occasionally. My best one was from a through-ball on the right side, with me running up to the ball just around the right-hand corner of the penalty box. The goalkeeper had already begun to advance a bit towards the ball. I first-timed a chipped ball higher than anticipated, but it made a perfect big arch far out of the goalkeepers reach and hit the far post and in!

But I'll never beat my father! He played for a Danish division team, Næsby Boldklub, in a tournament that among others had Odense Boldklub from the Danish Superliga in it. He scored a goal from a direct corner on one of the best Danish goalkeepers ever Lars Høgh! If you're interested in seeing who he is, this is some footage from Odense Boldklub against Real Madrid in the UEFA Cup dubbed "The Miracle in Madrid", where he played a fantastic match. They beat Real 0-2 after 2-3 at home, qualifying for the UEFA quarter final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tc0TLFIzAI
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

I played the majority of my minutes on the right full-back and right midfield, scoring goals occasionally. My best one was from a through-ball on the right side, with me running up to the ball just around the right-hand corner of the penalty box. The goalkeeper had already begun to advance a bit towards the ball. I first-timed a chipped ball higher than anticipated, but it made a perfect big arch far out of the goalkeepers reach and hit the far post and in!

But I'll never beat my father! He played for a Danish division team, Næsby Boldklub, in a tournament that among others had Odense Boldklub from the Danish Superliga in it. He scored a goal from a direct corner on one of the best Danish goalkeepers ever Lars Høgh! If you're interested in seeing who he is, this is some footage from Odense Boldklub against Real Madrid in the UEFA Cup dubbed "The Miracle in Madrid", where he played a fantastic match. They beat Real 0-2 after 2-3 at home, qualifying for the UEFA quarter final

If that left footed volley off the crossbar had gone in for number 6 (i think) he'd be trumping all the posts on here!
  • Options
    I was ten, the venue was my primary school field, the ball was one of those 99p plastic numbers that enables anyone to swerve the ball like Roberto Carlos. I picked the ball up seventy yards from goal, dodged a pile of white dog crap, nutmeged Mrs Hugill the portly dinnerlady and unleashed an unstoppable drive from forty yards out. With a 2mph breeze behind me, the ball looped a figure of eight before sailing past Pigsy Clifford in goal. Admittedly, he was distracted by the sight of Rachel Riding doing handstands by the cornerflag but that does nothing to diminish my pride at notching up such a dream goal.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Cushioned first-time left-foot half-volley from 18 yards onto the non-striker's middle stump to effect a tight run-out.
  • Options
    Several too boring to mention but anyone who ever played football with me will best remember a plethora of missed chances rather than anything else!
  • Options
    Never played football competively in an organised team so all my best bits of skill have come in the 'kick-about-down-the-park format'.

I once scored a volley that was reminiscent of Van Basten's goal in the 1988 European Championships which was my most spectacular.

My favourite though was a next-goal-wins last minute winner in an approximately 20 a-side games played on a camp site in Scotland on one of my Uni field trips. I span away from my marker and curved my run to stay onside (there were no linos so I was probably 5 yards off-side), my mate found me with a perfectly weighted through ball and with the outside of my boot (literally a walking boot) I deflty lofted the ball over and around the on-rushing keeper and into the far corner of the net (or should I say slightly to right of the left hand ruck-sack). In celebration I pulled my cagoule up over my head and slid on my knees in front of one of the lecturers' caravan. My career peaked there and I have barely kicked a ball in anger since.
  • Options
    Seven-a-side at Goals on Tuesday night, the keeper kicked it out and the ball cannoned off my back into his net. First goal in ages; I had to thank him!
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

but which player was your old man in that game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

sasquatch said:

but which player was your old man in that game?
    None of them :smile: but he once played against OB, the team in the clip and scored on a direct corner kick on the goalkeeper in the footage, Lars Høgh, who was a pretty amazing goalkeeper!
  • Options
    Playing a kick around on the grass by the Eiffel Tower I scored a scissor kick volley , the ball rolled into the road only to be run over by a passing van.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Playing a kick around on the grass by the Eiffel Tower I scored a scissor kick volley , the ball rolled into the road only to be run over by a passing van.

That's strange. I was driving past the Eiffel Tower when I saw this bloke attempt a scissor kick. It sliced off his shin, went under my van and nearly caused an accident.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    That's strange, I was a police officer tailgating a van in Paris who had run over a ball, for indecent exposure offences
  • Options
    In one memorable game at school I remember the "best goal I (nearly) scored", as the cross seemed to trickle across the six yard box, and all I needed to do was side-foot home for my one moment of footie glory.....but alas, the ball went the wrong side of the post....and that was my almost moment.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Sixth Form match, Semi Final of the cup. Best two goals I've scored because of the contact on the ball and the meaning of the game at the time.

1) All of 28 yards out, accurate as our manager (PE teacher) measured it after the game. Free kick Ronaldo technique, slightly to the left of centre, smashed it into the top right hand corner. Perfect connection and keeper didn't even move. That put us 1-0 up just before half time.

2) Same game, second half. The opposition had pulled one back so it's 1-1 and I think we have about 10 minutes to go. Ball is played out to the right wing and crossed in, our big striker has nodded it back to me where I am just outside the box. It's fell hip height and I've volleyed it first time with my left foot, my weaker foot, arrowing into the same top right hand corner again, this time other ends of the pitch and the keeper didn't even move, again!

Everyone went mad and we won the game 2-1.

I injured my ligaments 2 weeks before the final and missed it, they lost the game on penalties.
  • Options
    I was half way between the touchline and the edge of the centre circle in the opposition half and with my stronger right footed punted the ball forward but it curled into the top right corner.