Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Pearson wibble

Comments

• Options
    apologised to the reporter.
  • Options
    Pearson had another interesting spat with BBC Sports Journalist, Pat Murphy, today:

Pat Murphy: Nigel, why can't you be more specific about the criticism of your players, half of the media are baffled - we think we have been supportive of the squad this season?

Nigel Pearson: That is your opinion.

PM: Can you give us examples of where you feel to disagree?

NP: I don't feel I want to get into that sort of an argument with you now.

PM: You generalise about us?

NP: And you generalize about me, there you are.

PM: I don't get this 'that you're after me'.

NP: I didn't say you were after me, I said there'd been criticisms and I will stick up for my players and always will do…

PM: People have that said you're unlucky?

NP: You're looking at your side of argument through rose-tinted spectacles. I am not going to get into a discussion with you today…

PM: It takes two to tango...?

NP: It does indeed. We've come in for some criticism and so have I when I think it's unfair.

PM: When did it dawn on you to apologise?

NP: Again I don't think that is something I need to answer, I have apologised and if it had been a more private thing I've have apologised one-to-one but when it's been in the public domain, in the public eye it is right to do it the way I have done it.

PM: Have you spoken to the owners at any stage?

NP: No.

PM: So it was your decision?

NP: Yes

PM: Is there not a charge sheet developing about you this season?

NP: Yes possibly. Is that why you're here today…

PM: One reason is because you won't do the usual press conference…the question stands.

NP: I don't see why I should continue to take your one-sided view of this argument.

PM: Does the charge sheet not bother you?

NP: Not particularly no.

PM: It's the worst charge sheet of any Premier League manager so far this season in terms of that kind of behaviour this season.

NP: OK

PM: You are in danger of appearing a bully.

NP: Am I?

PM: And paranoid.

NP: Paranoid. Anything else?

PM: Someone's got to tell you.

NP: You're telling me.

PM: Has no one ever told you this before?

NP: If they have then that's my business.

PM: You still might be manager of the month but then this…

NP: Are you suggesting my job is to pander to your requirements?

PM: Of course I am not. What I will say is though that you could treat the media with more respect…this is all of your doing.

NP: (Turns to press officer) Ant , I'm OK with it. (Addresses journalist) You've obviously been sent here to put your industry's case forward.

PM: When a fellow reporter gets unfairly criticised by a reporter I will defend him.

NP: And I will absolutely support my players.

PM: You are damaging the reputation of Leicester when team are doing so well off-the-field.

NP: Do you not think I have part to play in that as well?

PM: Everyone would be pleased for you and Leicester if they stayed up.

NP: Would they? OK, is that your lecture over?

PM: Have you thought of taking anger management courses?

NP: Are you taking them?

PM: Course I haven't. Why should I. I am not the one making a fool of himself in press conferences.

NP: Are you suggesting I made a fool of myself? I think you are looking in the wrong place there, I think what you've got to understand is that I do recognise when I have been out of order and I thought I was out of order last night [Wednesday], hence my apology today [Thursday].

PM: Which is more than you gave to a fan...

NP: I didn't give an apology to that supporter.

PM: I know you didn't. That's the point. I think it was worth an apology.

NP: Do you? OK. Thank you for coming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3062591/Nigel-Pearson-apologises-calling-journalist-ostrich-bizarre-Leicester-post-match-rant-following-Chelsea-defeat.html#ixzz3YoOZtprK
  • Options
    What a bellend, quite like Leicester but i hate Pearson. Not sure if i want them to go down or not to be honest.
  • Options
    Seems like a nutter, but SCP seems to rate him (and you couldn't possibly be less nutter-esque than SCP). Something doesn't add up. Might well be deliberate.
  • Options
    It's only a matter of time until NP tells a journo to F*** Off
  • Options
    The blokes a lunatic. He's still got a way to go to top joe kinnear vs Simon bird!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't stand the knob-jockey. Condecending prick.

Despite it being towards a palace player, he should have had the book thrown at him for the strangling incident earlier in the season.

He's one of those managers that (actual ability aside) I wouldn't want to see at our club, purely based on his attitude & persona, which is one of the reasons I also wasn't a fan of Peeters............

Listen Tango, if you are going to spend your life sitting on the fence.....
  • Options
    Very noble of Pat Murphy to stick up for his industry, but it's very clear that he was just looking for an easy bite off of Pearson there and he didn't really get it.
  • Options
    He's under pressure for sure but he's done a far better job than those clowns did for us after Curbishley left.
    I hope they make it and he has a chance to chill over the summer.
  • Options
    What was the original question the reporter asked to make Pearson react like that?

(Not knowing the answer to that question shall I consider myself an ostrich)
  • Options

Can't stand the knob-jockey. Condecending prick.

Despite it being towards a palace player, he should have had the book thrown at him for the strangling incident earlier in the season.

He's one of those managers that (actual ability aside) I wouldn't want to see at our club, purely based on his attitude & persona, which is one of the reasons I also wasn't a fan of Peeters............

Erm... Think you mean 'condescending'...?
    Very good. That made me chuckle............. :smiley:
  • Options
    Fair play to Pat Murphy. Was one of the best dressing downs I've certainly ever heard.
  • Options
    Found the Pat Murphy interview cringe. It's like he's trying to be a stern teacher or something. Both come across as tossers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Pat Murphy's interview.
    TBF to Pearson, I thought he came across better than the transcript above.

I think Murphy pushed it too far. He made his point & went on too long imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32543893
  • Options
    Pat Murphy is rather a typical BBCite, he thinks that he's far more important and 'on the ball' than he actually is .. if Pearson were Lord Alex of OT, he'd have been told where to go in very short measure .. Murphy's lucky that Pearson didn't collar him and chuck him out .. having said that, Pearson is an arrogant man, but that's no bad thing in a manager of highly paid professionals who are all under pressure and need to stick together
  • Options
    Murphy knew there was a story in it and pushed the argument for extra clicks, Pearson wasn't able to fight back so it's a bit of ironic bullying. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure I quite agree with his 'standing up for his profession' though, Pearson was rude to one bloke, he didn't exactly threaten the sanctity of journalism.
  • Options
    Yes those poor journalists with their notoriously high moral code
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Don't know if this has already been posted but he's been at it again. Fair play to the journalist for standing his ground. Pearson really does come across as an absolute knob!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32543893

Edit. Sorry. I notice it's been posted about 4 times!
  • Options
    Thought Murphy was right pull him up until he got to the "have you considered anger management" - then it went a bit too far.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Found the Pat Murphy interview cringe. It's like he's trying to be a stern teacher or something. Both come across as tossers.

Totally agree. Murphy's ego ran away with him, he had made his point and got answers, but couldn't resist going all high and mighty on him.

Interesting on twitter how other BBC journos think this was some moral victory.....seems they have all been affected by Fergie's avoidance of the BBC and were scared to ask managers tough hitting questions.

• Options
    I thought Murphy was brilliant in making Pearson look as small as he did to the other journo ,Pearson is just a bully - didn't like it when he got his own shit back.
  • Options
    Another win for Leicester. Though Pearson is like the doctor from the Cannonball Run, results are going the right way.
  • Options

Pat Murphy is rather a typical BBCite, he thinks that he's far more important and 'on the ball' than he actually is .. if Pearson were Lord Alex of OT, he'd have been told where to go in very short measure .. Murphy's lucky that Pearson didn't collar him and chuck him out .. having said that, Pearson is an arrogant man, but that's no bad thing in a manager of highly paid professionals who are all under pressure and need to stick together

Completely agree, the BBC seems to churn out these self important twats at a crazy rate. I've worked with a number and they all seem to have an absurdly high opinion of themselves.