Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would this squad get us promoted!?

This is purely theoretical so I don't want any move on's or anything else! ;)

I was thinking if we could have kept the best of all the players we'd had in the last ten or so years (that are still playing) who would make the cut and would we win the league!

My squad would look something along these lines..

Henderson Hamer Pope

Jenkinson Solly

Wiggins Fox

Gomez Morrison Dervite Turner TBH

JBG Eagles?

Bulot Stewart? Harriott

Shelvey Parker Coquelin Arter Poyet Cousins

Bent Kermorgant Igor Watt

you could have Alnwick Button Elliot Randolph as one of your keepers if you prefer or Francis at rb if you want! ;)

Or you could pick youngsters like Kasey Palmer or Semi Ajayi...

I'm sure there is plenty I have missed out so feel free to point them out!

I want to know who would you pick and where would we finish in the league??

Comments

• Options
    Anything else!
  • Options
    It would probably make us bankrupt!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Can you list the squads for the 23 other teams so I can compare man to man?

thanks

Yeah, and at least give us some kind of indication as to the weather for the season, so we know how that will affect the players.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    You're going in quite heavy with your defensive midfielders there. I can't see any formation that has room for more than 2 of Coquelin, Parker, Arter, Poyet and Cousins. That squad would walk the league though.
  • Options
    No place for Konchesky? Or Alex Song?
  • Options
    I don't think this is how history works.....
  • Options
    edited May 2015

You're going in quite heavy with your defensive midfielders there. I can't see any formation that has room for more than 2 of Coquelin, Parker, Arter, Poyet and Cousins. That squad would walk the league though.

You make a good point.. I see cousins and Arter as more box to box midfielders.. which if you have attacking wingers I think is what's needed alongside a CDM. .. and we haven't exactly had a wealth of attacking or creative mids recently?? Unless you want Stephens or Adjaraevic?? And Eagles could be that CAM if you want one..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Henderson

Solly TBH Gomez Fox

JBG Shelvey Parker Cousins

Bent Watt

Runners-up and promotion
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Who are you having as manager of that lot?
  • Options

Waiting for the first SCP
  • Options

you said 'best players in the last 10 years' and then I scrolled down and saw Harriott

We seem to have a shortage of depth in the wingers department! Any better suggestions??
  • Options
    edited May 2015

No place for Konchesky?

this .. gotta be an improvement on Foxy and Wiggo ..
  • Options

No place for Konchesky?

Agreed he hadn't crossed my mind.. there's still the question of how long he's got left.. he's not the player he once was these days..
  • Options
    Any room for Kins, or too long ago?
  • Options

No place for Konchesky?

Errrrr. Chris Powell?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Reid?
  • Options

No place for Konchesky?

Errrrr. Chris Powell?
    I was meaning this thread in terms of players as thy are now! So for one they still need to be playing and for two they need to still have their legs hence doubts over Konchesky!
  • Options

This is purely theoretical so I don't want any move on's or anything else! ;)

I was thinking if we could have kept the best of all the players we'd had in the last ten or so years (that are still playing) who would make the cut and would we win the league!

My squad would look something along these lines..

Henderson Hamer Pope

Jenkinson Solly

Wiggins Fox

Gomez Morrison Dervite Turner TBH

JBG Eagles?

Bulot Stewart? Harriott

Shelvey Parker Coquelin Arter Poyet Cousins

Bent Kermorgant Igor Watt

you could have Alnwick Button Elliot Randolph as one of your keepers if you prefer or Francis at rb if you want! ;)

Or you could pick youngsters like Kasey Palmer or Semi Ajayi...

I'm sure there is plenty I have missed out so feel free to point them out!

I want to know who would you pick and where would we finish in the league??

Bottom 4
  • Options

Jimmy Seed.
  • Options

you said 'best players in the last 10 years' and then I scrolled down and saw Harriott

We seem to have a shortage of depth in the wingers department! Any better suggestions??
    Clearly people not paying attention! Bulot and Gudmundsson are the two best wingers we've had since who knows when.
    Whether they are here next season or not remains to be seen.
  • Options

No place for Konchesky? Or Alex Song?

Konchesky was good nuisance value and gave balance on the left of midfield. He was a dire left back for us, when he played there. Someone on here said that he'd be a league 2 player, were he right footed. I'd go along with that.

Alex Song, on the other hand..
  • Options

No place for Konchesky?

Errrrr. Chris Powell?
    Hreidarsson also far better than Konchesky
  • Options
    brogib said:

Waiting for the first SCP
    SCP

• Options

Clearly people not paying attention! Bulot and Gudmundsson are the two best wingers we've had since who knows when.
    Yeah hence why they are both top of the list on each wing but the word squad suggests we have back ups and in terms of back up we are light!
  • Options

Yeah hence why they are both top of the list on each wing but the word squad suggests we have back ups and in terms of back up we are light!
    Sorry missed that as I saw someone put up a team with Cousins on the wing.