Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League signs ground-breaking deals with Channel 5 and ITN Productions

2»

Comments

• Options

There are more live championship games on Sky next year. There will be 87 games broadcast next season as opposed to 50 this season.

that's a huge uplift, is it next season that sky have lost the Champions League?
  • Options
    Sky used to show all the Football Leagues goals in a one hour program. It was just the goals and nothing else, you had to be quick to see your game.

Now the FL72 show or whatever it's called shows the goals but we have to have some waffle from an expert (ex footballer).

I'd prefer to see the goals and any major incident but no waffle.

• Options
    As per before, I will just do a "series" record and watch the programme at my leisure. I can't see the content being much different than before anyway, if we're fighting for promotion we'll get more coverage, otherwise it will be the usual 30 seconds
  • Options
    The official Charlton YouTube channel has highlights on by the Tuesday after a Saturday game. I just watch these.
  • Options
    To be honest I've mostly resorted to watching the CAFC Youtube channel the day after the game if I want to watch the highlights. Means I don't have to guess which 7 seconds Charlton's footage is shoehorned into the 90 minutes.
  • Options
    Will be nice to be able to see the goals earlier rather than having to wait until after match of the day. Hopefully may be a bit more favourable to us
  • Options
    Adrian Chiles will probably be the main host.
  • Options

• Options
    The end of the football league show. It's a massive gap to fill. I'll miss mannish walking across the gantry, letting me know there was a cracker at the Lamex that saw 7 goals, 3 yellow cards, 2 posts hit and 5 corners. I'll miss Steve telling me he's played for every club he's asked to do match analysis on. I'll miss Leroy's 73 goals in 244 appearances. I'll miss starting to watch the show at midnight and finish watching it at 5am a week on Wednesday

Channel 5 has got big shoes to fill
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will be ok to watch a recorded version to skip over the ads. The previous ITV highlighs show was a bit of a trial to watch with all the ads.
  • Options
    I actually enjoy the Football League Show. Although Claridge is grating, Manish and Clem come across as quite likable and do their best to capture what is 'unique' about the Football League compared to the over the top, glam nonsense treatment the Premier League gets on Sky.
  • Options
    Claridge is far better than Leroy! Surely there must be hundreds of better alternatives to that dull, dull man.
  • Options
    Does it need punditry? I'm sure in 03/04 ITV had a late night FL highlights show and it was just highlights and that was it, I would much prefer that or something similar to the Bundesliga show providing the highlights were longer and it has decent commentary/voice-overs.

I have never understood why Sky, given their resources, haven't decided to do dedicated separate highlights shows either Saturday-Sunday-Monday or Sunday-Monday-Tuesday to the three FL leagues. Doesn't have to even be done live, just record them and put them out. Also get a proper studio and not broadcast in a cafe ffs.
  • Options

My finger was hovering over the "flag" button for some time for that little suggestion!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The end of the football league show. It's a massive gap to fill. I'll miss mannish walking across the gantry, letting me know there was a cracker at the Lamex that saw 7 goals, 3 yellow cards, 2 posts hit and 5 corners. I'll miss Steve telling me he's played for every club he's asked to do match analysis on. I'll miss Leroy's 73 goals in 244 appearances. I'll miss starting to watch the show at midnight and finish watching it at 5am a week on Wednesday

Channel 5 has got big shoes to fill

I wont miss Clem. Sorry cabbles.
  • Options
    9pm slot according to the metro today
  • Options
    cabbles said:

And according to the link right at the start of the thread. Can I resurrect "Thanks Colin"?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

And according to the link right at the start of the thread. Can I resurrect "Thanks Colin"?
    I've no time for links to actual news/stories. I get all my facts from Lifers these days. I'll be damned if I'm going to change my approach any time soon......
  • Options
    If you have adblocker you can skip all the adverts on on demand services