Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sparks - Ron Mael Is Actually Human!

And please don't pretend you don't know who I'm talking about. And don't pretend, if you do know who I'm talking about, that you knew he is actually a human being.

OK - for those that don't know and care enough, the 70s pop group, Sparks have formed a super group with Franz Ferdinand called FFS (ooh how clever is that eh?). And guess what FFS were on Jools Holland this week and Ron Mael, brother of lead singer (Russell) and he with the Hitler-like moustache who writes all Sparks songs and when performing just sits at the keyboard staring into space (take a breath after you've read that bit - bit of a mouthful I knew ), spoke at length during an interview with the group.

And if you don't believe me I suggest you watch the interview on Iplayer. Because you really won't believe what you are hearing. Especially when the Maels said that the reason for the collaboration is that they wanted to do something different from (the) status quo - with Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt sitting right behind to whom they duly apologised for the comment. They even perform together "This Town Ain't Big Enough For Us" and "Take Me Out".

You can have your team news, your rumours, your "would yas", your predictions etc etc but I bet you won't find anything to beat this. The only thing that could beat this is three Part Leaders losing their job on the same day. But we know that will never happen unlike Ron Mael actually proving he is human after all.

Comments

• Options
    Have you never heard Ron speak before in interview? He seems very charming and intelligent whenever I've heard him.
  • Options

Have you never heard Ron speak before in interview? He seems very charming and intelligent whenever I've heard him.

I haven't Hants. But then I've never really been a big Sparks fan! And he most certainly is.
  • Options
    I was a massive fan back in the day. (Showing my age again) Heard both brothers interviewed lots of times. They were my first ever live concert!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I was actually at the recording. Odd performer, but very engaging in interview.

Very odd collaboration, Sparks and Franz Ferdinand...
  • Options
    What's a "Part Leader"?
  • Options
    For me, he was one of the reasons Sparks were opular. Seeing him on TOTP was an experience.
  • Options
    Kimono My House and Propaganda were classic pop albums - I still listen to them now
  • Options
    Riviera said:

What's a "Part Leader"?

And what is 'opular' ?
  • Options

Kimono My House and Propaganda were classic pop albums - I still listen to them now

So agree. Both were/are brilliant. If anything, they were ahead of their time.

• Options
    I love coincidences. Just reading this thread & I hear a leaflet being posted through the letterbox.

It's a pizza flyer. I have a brief look and see a deal "Beat the Clock". Unbelieveable Jeff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this the general things that confuse you thread
  • Options
    when sparks were first popular in the 70s i used to have a maths teacher who looked exactly like him ....

including the disturbing manic fixed grin !
  • Options
    I loved the way sparks organised the press launch for the album "Whomp that sucker" French linky thing