Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn - Charlton: The Match

The teams:

Charlton: Carson; Young, Thatcher, Hreidarsson, El Karkouri; Ambrose, Song, Holland, Thomas; M Bent, D Bent.

Subs: Randolph, Bougherra, Zheng, Rommedahl, Hasselbaink.

Blackburn: Friedel, Emerton, Warnock, Nelsen, Samba; Bentley, Mokoena, Dunn, Pedersen; Roberts, McCarthy.

Subs: Brown, Henchoz, Tugay, Nonda, Derbyshire.

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm Diawara out, but Holland and Marcus Bent back.
  • Options
    That chanting for Alan Ball for one minute was pretty bizarre. Excellent really I think.
  • Options
    Wigan 0 - West Ham 1
  • Options
    I wonder if their illegal player was involved in the goal.

If they can cheat, maybe we should. How about some laxatives in the tea in the Blackburn dressing room at half time?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Hmmm Diawara out, but Holland and Marcus Bent back.

Perhaps he's been dropped. I personally prefer HH and Elk anyway.
  • Options
    I think Diawara might have been dropped, the OS said he didn't make the squad, but declined to say whether it was for injury or form reasons...

As for Tevez, he's playing today, but I don't think was involved in the goal, from the BBC site:

1532: GOAL Wigan 0-1 West Ham
    Luis Boa Morte is the first to reach a long pass up field before guiding the ball goalwards from 20 yards under pressure from keeper John Filan, who had charged out of his goal. It is the Hammers eighth away goal of the campaign
  • Options
    Sheff U 1 - Watford 0
  • Options
    Edgy half and if we don't step it up, I fear they will open it up early in the second half. Grrrrr. Results not going our way, especially with Chris Powell heading past his own keeper!
  • Options
    When was the last game we won away from The Valley or Fratton Park.

Was it at Sunderland in August 2005?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Edgy half and if we don't step it up, I fear they will open it up early in the second half. Grrrrr. Results not going our way, especially with Chris Powell heading past his own keeper!

Not going our way?

No-one can seriously expect anything but a home win for Sheff Utd.
    As for Wigan v Wham - isn't an away win the best result for us? Better to have two teams on 35 points than one on 38 and the other on 32.
    With both on 35 and if we get a point it's still open.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, results not going our way... Simple. Of course we can hope for a Watford win or draw, why not? Watford's got nothing to lose. We can also hope for a Wigan v West Ham draw. Why not? Surely better that they split the points than let one or the other gain. And, most importantly in terms of results going for us, we have every right to expect a result and three points against Blackburn. That's football: anything's possible.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]When was the last game we won away from The Valley or Fratton Park.

Was it at Sunderland in August 2005?[/quote]

West Brom Sept 2005, 2-1 win.
  • Options
    Wigan 0 - West Ham 2
  • Options
    We need a goal...c'mon guys.
  • Options
    That could be that...
  • Options
    And now Thatcher red-carded...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Yes, results not going our way... Simple. Of course we can hope for a Watford win or draw, why not? Watford's got nothing to lose. We can also hope for a Wigan v West Ham draw. Why not? Surely better that they split the points than let one or the other gain. And, most importantly in terms of results going for us, we have every right to expect a result and three points against Blackburn. That's football: anything's possible.

Disagree. I don't see why people have so much hope for this game. It's surely a harder fixture than Reading at home, Man City away, and Sheff Utd at home.
  • Options
    Bollocks! Does that mean Thatcher's out for 15 matches now?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Disagree all you like, it seems to make you happy. But the reason why people have put so much hope into this game (which is slipping away from us in the most dramatic and heartbreaking fashion) is that it is one of only three (2.5 now) that we have left. Those games that you list are gone now and this is what we have left. You either hope or you don't.
  • Options
    Bent i love you !!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's true but you say that 'we have every right to expect a result and three points'

Isn't that a bit unrealistic?

But it's 1-1 now!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Darren Bent

Game on....
  • Options
    come on you reds!
  • Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you jimmy!!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    i'm with Lookie on this...in a game of football anything can happen and sometimes it's the team that wants it that bit more that prevails in these situations.
  • Options
    Sounds like Thatcher's sending off has galvanised the boys.
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    2-1 ;-( Scott Minto: "My goodness, how unluckly can you be?")
  • Options
    Feck
  • Options
    Bollox.