Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

charity white collar boxing

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Dan. I think the other bloke supports Palace and says you smell.

Do him!
  • Options

Good luck Dan. I think the other bloke supports Palace and says you smell.

Do him!

I was hoping I would fight a palace fan coz I wouldn't need any motivation but I just settle for hearing him slag me off that's pumped me up enough
  • Options
    How did you get on mate?
  • Options
    It's today mate I think
  • Options
    Cushty I know another couple of people fighting at priestfield today. Should have put 2 and 2 together really
  • Options
    I'm sorry to say I got stopped in the 2nd round the ref wouldn't let me work his body everytime I dipped under his long reach he said my head was to low very frustrating as he was to big to box at range he gave me a standing 8 count when all his punches either hit my gloves or arms he asked if I was ok I said yes then I felt a pull in my neck and on top of fighting a far taller fighter with his experience plus blowing out of my arse I changed my mind and he called it off I'm gutted but it was a bit of a mismatch to start with
  • Options
    No apology needed, honestly.

To get in the ring at any level is a massive achievement.

Well done and look forward to a beer!
  • Options

Thank you very much iv already signed up to fight on the 20th September at the same venue I know iv gotta train even harder than I did this time I also don't think one 40 minute sparing session really helped me
  • Options
    dancafc said:

Thank you very much iv already signed up to fight on the 20th September at the same venue I know iv gotta train even harder than I did this time I also don't think one 40 minute sparing session really helped me
    Well done mate, these events often end up mismatch city. Good on you stepping up to do it, takes balls to get in a ring or cage. I actually think you need something wrong with you to get in a cage but that's by the by.

Maybe a few of the locals from here will come along and swell your numbers next time.

What music did you go with?
  • Options
    I went with fucking in the bushes.ill try and upload the fight on here tomorrow if I can work out how
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No apology mate takes a real man to even step in the ring ,

Gutted for u
  • Options

No apology mate takes a real man to even step in the ring ,

Gutted for u

Thanks mate its harder than it looks
  • Options
    At least you had a decent ring girl!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I'm trying to put the video of the fight on here but for the past hour it just says uploading
  • Options
    Is there another way of putting it on here does anyone know
  • Options
    Youtube and post link
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Youtube and post link

Just tried that it won't let me set up a channel coz it won't accept any email addresses if I just upload it on here will it eventually work??
  • Options
    Probably not, it will be too big. You need to upload it onto a video sharing site like YouTube or Vimeo
  • Options
    Has anyone already set up on one of these video sharing things so I can email the fight over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is my white collar boxing event I'm in the red (naturally)
  • Options
    Bloody good effort mate, as others have said, it take balls to get in there and you certainly gave a good account for yourself. Don't know how you were ever supposed to get on the inside as it kept being stopped every time you tried and as you say, the height/reach advantage was obvious.
  • Options
    Ross_cafc said:

Bloody good effort mate, as others have said, it take balls to get in there and you certainly gave a good account for yourself. Don't know how you were ever supposed to get on the inside as it kept being stopped every time you tried and as you say, the height/reach advantage was obvious.

This is it mate the ref wouldn't let me do a thing when he gave me the standing 8 count I wasn't in and trouble all his punches were on my gloves or arms.then in a few other fights there were fighters wobbling on rubber legs when the other fighter catching them clean with every punch and he let it go
  • Options
    Well played mate. Loved watching that but obviously gutted you lost.
  • Options

Well played mate. Loved watching that but obviously gutted you lost.

Thanks mate I'm gonna do the show on the 6th December that gives me plenty of time to train so I don't blow out of my arse
  • Options
    Well done ago you for getting in the ring and best luck for your next bout
  • Options
    Well done Dan. How much did you end up raising?
  • Options
    £147
  • Options
    Plus I sold 30 tickets
  • Options
    Great effort Dan. He was a big boy, and as soon as you ducked under his armpit, the ref had to order break. You should feel proud to have fought, and good luck next time - you are a much better man than I ever will be!