Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona

Ok, so we've got an Iceland thread, what about Barcelona ?

Dos and dont's. Expensive/not expensive ?

Cabs from airport into town, easy or not easy.

Btw, I've no doubt you've all been there bar me.

Comments

• Options

Ok, so we've got an Iceland thread, what about Barcelona ?

Dos and dont's. Expensive/not expensive ?

Cabs from airport into town, easy or not easy.

Btw, I've no doubt you've all been there bar me.

I have not
  • Options
    Cabs from airport easy, but we always pre book ours. Takes about 20/25 minutes and costs around 30/35 euros

Like most busy cities plenty of pickpockets!

Great open top tour buses, jump on and off as you please

As any city eat off the beaten track and you'll find good food and drink at reasonable prices.

Lovely beach areas to the south of the city

Stadium tours for Barcelona, but always long queues

It can be as expensive or inexpensive as you want

Great city to visit, one of our favourite places
  • Options
    Bus into the City costs pennys - depends how quick and hassle free you want it to be. Cab is often just easier despite being more expensive.
  • Options
    Great restaurants in L'Eixample area, both sides of Passag de Gracia metro. Parc Guell is good fun and the inside of Sagrada Familia is stunning.

Barri Gotic very touristy - better to wander round the Ribera and El Born parts of the old city
  • Options
    Went on a stag last weekend. There are loads of taxis on the rank outside the airport. Great clubs bars on the edge of the beach. Beware though three out of 18 got their phones stolen. Great place to party!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Cabs from airport easy, but we always pre book ours. Takes about 20/25 minutes and costs around 30/35 euros

Like most busy cities plenty of pickpockets!

Great open top tour buses, jump on and off as you please

As any city eat off the beaten track and you'll find good food and drink at reasonable prices.

Lovely beach areas to the south of the city

Stadium tours for Barcelona, but always long queues

It can be as expensive or inexpensive as you want

Great city to visit, one of our favourite places

This.

We're going again next week.

• Options
    Thieving bastards everywhere so be careful.

Agree do a open top bus and jump off jump on where you please.
  • Options
    Uber taxis are always the way to go in foreign countries where you don't know how ripped off you might be at an airport. That goes for London as well.

Sagrada Familia is worth doing.
  • Options
    Went there about 5 years ago.

Worth a visit: Park Guell, Sagrada familia (I just looked at it from outside), Get to the nou camp if you can. Las ramblas is fun, although watch your pockets and it changes quite drastically at night! Litre beers in the sun :) Montjuic has an amazing view from it. The gothic quarter was interesting if I remember correctly. Their version of madamme tusauds on las ramblas was pretty funny.

I had a great time just wandering around in the sun there. It has an really nice atmosphere, and the beach isn't too bad if you have time. Although I sprinted into the sea when I went and ran into (an underwater) rock... don't do that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks all. Anymore ?
  • Options
    There is a good Irish Pub. You can spend all day and all night in there. :(
  • Options
    Watch out for Uber taxis, take money from you each month if you don't pay attention to statements

Bstd company
  • Options
    Take the metro everywhere rather than taxis. Very easy to use and a fraction of the cost. No chance of getting ripped off either.
  • Options
    Drink Orxata at El Tio Che

It's the Marmite of Spain
  • Options
    Don't be conned into buying the white stuff and end up with washing powder like my mate a few years back on La Ramblas.
  • Options
    Ultimately get away from La Ramblas to eat and drink. Much better quality and cheaper prices away from the main drag, just like any place really.
  • Options
    Enjoyed Barcelona.
    The sun tan obviously suits me, as there were so many women, asking me if I wanted sex.
  • Options
    My favourite European city.

Think I fell in love about 30 times a day on the beach. The women are a joke.
  • Options
    Love Barcelona.

Got great mix of nice bars, restaurants, culture, the port areas - and for pure tackiness Baja Beach Club (is that still there?).

Like most cities also got a seedy underbelly.

Remember being down there for the grand prix 10 years ago or so. Was cutting through from La Rambla to our hotel in Av de Parallel. Cam across some kind of street party mainly made up of immigrants. A girl who could be no older than 10 came up to our group, spat at our feet, gave a volley of abuse and walked off to a group of angry looking men in dirty white vests !!!

And having to fight off the pickpockets.

Still love it though.