Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"I could've been killed!"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Man in Row A after Phil Thompson Harpooned him after careering off pitch.
    This is no Pinocchio story !
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

shirty5 said:

Steve Thompson v Liverpool. December 1986. Tommo gets pushed into an advertising board and a stray nail narrowly misses his heart

Blimey I forgot I started this. It was a rather heavy night!

This is the answer. Any time anybody goes near advertising hoardings, dad would say 'agh! He could've been killed!' And I guess I wondered if anyone else read that headline or remembered the incident. Thompson really did throw himself over and completely disappear from view.
    I seem to remember him doing this at Selhurst Park.
  • Options
    Re-located West Upper Season Ticket Holder reveals their experience with the rest of us pond-life in the Covered End...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    For getting my hair highlighted by my nan
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

shirty5 said:

Steve Thompson v Liverpool. December 1986. Tommo gets pushed into an advertising board and a stray nail narrowly misses his heart

This is the answer. Any time anybody goes near advertising hoardings, dad would say 'agh! He could've been killed!' And I guess I wondered if anyone else read that headline or remembered the incident. Thompson really did throw himself over and completely disappear from view.
    Yes my memory is of him disappearing to the right of the away end goal. This is the game Shirty5 is referring to, but sadly no clip of Thompson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVIWT0pfdZM
  • Options

Man in Row Z after Nicky Baileys penalty against Swindon?

Pfft, the man in row Z had absolutely nothing to worry about. The Moon on the other hand...

• Options
    Is it an Asthmatic having a piss in the North Upper ?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

JiMMy 85 said:

shirty5 said:

Apparently an Argentinian player died yesterday after being knocked into an advertising hoarding
    Blimey that's dangerous. That could have been Killer.
  • Options
    "I could've been killed"

Katrien Miere talks about her journey home from the Watford game, when an understandably disenchanted Charlton supporter was slightly mean to her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"I could've been killed"

"but instead got a worthless £15 voucher"

football fan dramatically recalls the day he had to sit in a different seat
  • Options
    Ade Edmondson said it many years ago.
  • Options
    Isn't that what Kelly Smith said about a tackle on her by Sunderland ladies player?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    "I could've been killed" - the real reason Andy Delort turned down Charlton for Wigan.
  • Options

"I could've been killed"

In the blanket brigades stampede the day they brought bovril back to the valley!
  • Options
    I could've been killed

George tucaden as to why he missed in the final mins of the home game against millwank

No George they are not their fathers sons Trademark Nolly 2013

• Options
    "I could've been killed"

Words spoken by everyone making their way home from St Andrews after the Leeds play-off decider in 1987
  • Options
    Trevor finally turned up
  • Options

"I could've been killed"

Words spoken by everyone making their way home from St Andrews after the Leeds play-off decider in 1987

"I could've been bored to death"

Words spoken by everyone making their way home from St Andrews after the League match this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "I could have been killed, by exhaustion"
    Every home fan having to walk around in circles to avoid the mighty Millwall- at home!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    "I could've been billed!" Tony Jimenez, relieved he didn't have to pay for a new pitch.
  • Options
    "I could've been Coyled!" Richard Murray, revealing that he'd had a job application from a former Bolton manager.
  • Options
    "When I met Jimenez, there was some shifty lawyer in a Citeh scarf telling me the club was worth £40 million. I could've been shilled!" expostulated Josh Harris.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

shirty5 said:

Yes my memory is of him disappearing to the right of the away end goal. This is the game Shirty5 is referring to, but sadly no clip of Thompson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVIWT0pfdZM
    I think there was an extra row of advertising hoardings inside the normal perimeter, for Scandanavian TV and it was these that Thompson skidded into...with a protruding nail or something penetrating really close to his heart.

Ps...that clip gives people some idea of how good Colin Walsh was before his injuries.
  • Options
    Check out @TommoTweets for some great responses from Steve Thompson to his 60th birthday wishes yesterday
  • Options
    Caught in the season ticket queue crush when we were in the 3rd division
  • Options
    Tresspasser on the tracks at Greenwich?