Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Pope

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think Mitov is young enough to wait. It is them up to the keepers to persuade Luzon they should be no1, not no2. I'm sure he will always want to pick his strongest team so rather than getting hacked off- it is up to the player to convince they should be part of that.
  • Options
    Isn't it the case though that because of that tournament Dimi was given extra time off hence not featuring so far, not that Pope had jumped ahead of him.
  • Options
    We do have five decent keepers. Phillips is out on loan for the season, but we don't need four others. Mitov will play for the u21's I think, so either Dimi or Popey will go on loan. My hunch is that Dimi will go out to St Trinians or Upjest, though with just a year left on his contract he may be sold?
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see who Guy plays in the Cup game v Dag & Red.
  • Options
    This thread just reminded me of Mitov's goal back in (I think) April.
    Did it get confirmed as the world record in the end?
  • Options
    Henderson cannot stay fit, Pope is our best option at the moment.
  • Options
    Henderson is going for a scan today, he might be out for a while.
  • Options
    If Hendo is out for a while then I think - loan out Dmitrovic, bring in Jussi jaaskelainen
  • Options
    That's a massive blow if true. He was brilliant last season and really set a solid foundation at the back.
    Jussi on loan is a very good shout.
  • Options
    I don't know whether it is serious or not,but if he is going for a scan it could be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

That's a massive blow if true. He was brilliant last season and really set a solid foundation at the back.
    Jussi on loan is a very good shout.

He's a free agent!
  • Options
    the new coach from Bolton will know him
  • Options
    barstool said:

Will he? Jääskeläinen left Bolton three years ago. How long was our new GK coach there?
  • Options
    I thought Euell said he didn't play as a precaution!!!
  • Options
    barstool said:

no the new GK only followed Freedman to Bolton so Jussi had already left
  • Options
    Ben Hamer on loan? Leicester have Schmeichel and Schwarzer so could be possible?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Problem is, Hamer would expect to be first choice and Henderson is probably the better keeper. If Henderson is out for a period though, a short term loan would be fantastic. Would Elliot be another possibility. He could probably do with some games!
  • Options
    If Henderson is out play Pope, otherwise what's the point in keeping him?
  • Options
    I had some nervous moments watching pope last season
  • Options

To stop other nasty teams using him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After seeing him last night he appears to have filled out a bit and really looks the part now. However he had a couple of jittery moments when he needed just to clear his lines with his left foot. I seriously hope he overcomes any remaining nerves as he clearly did the business at both York and Bury, and is that bit older, stronger, and more experienced now. As a rule, keepers do understandably break through to regular football that bit later.
  • Options

or on the bench as back up to Dimi, who I believe has once again been written off by a number of fans despite doing nothing wrong
  • Options
    I like Pope but again last night he showed that he lets the nerves get to him. Dimi had more conviction and commanded more in my opinion.
  • Options
    A few sessions with this fella should hopefully do the trick

• Options
    Good job Pope doesn't fumble those ground shots like Neuer.
  • Options
    Or Marshall