Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst goal you've ever seen for or against Charlton

2»

Comments

• Our first season back in the champ this time around, Wolves at home.

A shocking Danny Green daisy-cutting corner dribbles in to the box, two defenders scuff their clearances and I think it was Dervite who knocked it in.

Hilariously rubbish.
  • edited May 2015
    It always feels to me like the lucky goals are scored against us and keepers always have good games against us. I remember far more soft goals we have given away. Not sure if that is my bias or based on fact though. BTW, does anybody recall a Steve Dowman OG from near the halfway line? I think it might have been against Cardiff, but not sure.
  • Our first season back in the champ this time around, Wolves at home.

A shocking Danny Green daisy-cutting corner dribbles in to the box, two defenders scuff their clearances and I think it was Dervite who knocked it in.

Hilariously rubbish.

Your being disingenuous to the Dagenham demon.

Danny spent a whole week practicing that corner at Sparrows Lane.

• Patterson goal for Scunthorpe in the 1-0 defeat in 07/08 season. Huge error from Yassin. He never played again after it.
  • edited May 2015

It always feels to me like the lucky goals are scored against us and keepers always have good games against us. I remember far more soft goals we have given away. Not sure if that is my bias or based on fact though. BTW, does anybody recall a Steve Dowman OG from near the halfway line? I think it might have been against Cardiff, but not sure.

I remember Dowman lobbing in a long range own goal at The Valley against Sheff Weds(possibly). We were defending the Covered End goal at the time.

• I think we lost 2-0 whoever it was against. I don't think the keeper (was it Jeff Wood?) was blameless if I recall correctly/
  • E-cafc said:

I remember Dowman lobbing in a long range own goal at The Valley against Sheff Weds(possibly). We were defending the Covered End goal at the time.

Yep, that was a good one. The days of the back-pass to the keeper...which lead to quite a lot of OG's over the years. Dowman also did something very similar in front of the away end at Brammall Lane the following season in a 1-1 draw.

For sheer bad luck, I always remember the Kevin Mabbutt goal for Palace in a Boxing Day fixture. Ball over the top, stuck in the mud perfectly for Mabbutt and was gleefully cracked it past Steve Gritt in goal.
  • Simonsen said:

E-cafc said:

Yep, that was a good one. The days of the back-pass to the keeper...which lead to quite a lot of OG's over the years. Dowman also did something very similar in front of the away end at Brammall Lane the following season in a 1-1 draw.

For sheer bad luck, I always remember the Kevin Mabbutt goal for Palace in a Boxing Day fixture. Ball over the top, stuck in the mud perfectly for Mabbutt and was gleefully cracked it past Steve Gritt in goal.
    All palice goals are lucky.
  • Jim Tolmies own goal at Carlisle in 1986, He scored it past his own goal keeper from almost the half way line. He had so much time he could have picked it up and signed every panel on the ball, but for some reason he decided to play it back hard to his goalkeeeper. We were 2-0 down at the time and in the second half we dominated and ran out deserved winners 3-2.
  • Izale McLeod pre-season vs Crawley... So scrappy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Chris Dickson away at West Brom, the league game 07/08 when we lost 4-2 I think. Horribly scuffed effort that the keeper somehow missed.
  • So many but one horror show I recall in particular was dear old Les Berry and Tony Lange (?spelling) leaving the ball for each other thus enabling Mark Lillis to stroll in and walk the winner into the net for Huddersfield with just a few minutes left on the clock.

• Chris Dickson away at West Brom, the league game 07/08 when we lost 4-2 I think. Horribly scuffed effort that the keeper somehow missed.

I think that was in the FA Cup.
  • LenGlover said:

Chris Dickson away at West Brom, the league game 07/08 when we lost 4-2 I think. Horribly scuffed effort that the keeper somehow missed.

I think that was in the FA Cup.
    It may have been Izale MacLeod, come to think of it. That was the league game.
  • edited June 2015
    LenGlover said:

So many but one horror show I recall in particular was dear old Les Berry and Tony Lange (?spelling) leaving the ball for each other thus enabling Mark Lillis to stroll in and walk the winner into the net for Huddersfield with just a few minutes left on the clock.

Talking of Les Berry, I remember the back headed own goal he scored in front of the Covered End in our relegation battle against Fulham in 79-80. After that we all knew we were down.

• The best thing about this video is for the second goal Chris Powell hits what is probably the most hilariously pathetic genuine shot on goal I've ever seen. Simon Church would have looked at that and though 'put your foot through it son'.
  • I thought Les Berry was rubbish. The under hit back pass was a speciality of his.