Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2015/2016 Snooker season

The World Championship thread got a few more comments from other people than I expected so I thought I would start this for the season ahead

Comments

• Just over a week after Bingham had won the World Championship to finish the season off Q school started Thursday 14th May

Today the first 4 people won their 2 year tour card
    Congratulations to:
    Sydney Wilson- Sydney is a 25 year old from England
    Daniel Wells- Daniel is a 26 year old from Wales
    Eden Sharav- Eden is a 23 year old from Scotland
    Rhys Clark- Rhys is a 21 year old from Scotland

2nd Q school starts tomorrow and another 4 players will get the chance to earn a 2 year tour card
    Reanne Evans will be hoping she can get further this time having only won 2 matches in Q School 1
  • Snooker has seasons?
  • Uboat said:

Snooker has seasons?

Haven't you heard? We've got Jimmy White away in a preseason friendly and one of the two home friendlies is against Ronnie O'Sullivan.
  • I'm pleased that this is in "not sports related"
  • PL54 said:

I'm pleased that this is in "not sports related"

how strange I clicked other football and sports, anyway its edited now :smiley:
  • Cheers Paulie, keep this going mate.

I appreciate the round-ups.
  • There's a season. Who knew.
  • Just saw Uboat's post. :-(
  • Paulie can you say more about what Q school involves? How many matches , best of how many ? League table ? How many Q's are there
    I just wanna get an idea of how good/bad Reanne is because having watched her match v Ken Doherty the snooker was appalling and I thought Ken did his best to try and lose !
  • If I may say so @paulie8290, we may not agree on everything, (and I do sometimes wonder what on earth is going on in your bonce!) but I do think your snooker threads are really well informed and I always open them with interest. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Paulie can you say more about what Q school involves? How many matches , best of how many ? League table ? How many Q's are there
    I just wanna get an idea of how good/bad Reanne is because having watched her match v Ken Doherty the snooker was appalling and I thought Ken did his best to try and lose !

Q School- 166 people enter the first Q School (anyone could have entered) its a flat draw Matches are best of 7's and the top 4 get a 2 year tour Card.

Then its the same for Q School number 2

There used to be 3 but Barry Hearn offered the final 4 to the amateur Champions of Asia , South/north America, Europe and Australia/Oceania
  • Paulie where have you been?
  • anyone been watching the UK championship this year?

rocket Ronnie hasn't shown up but apparently he'll be back for the mastars. - talking of people not showing up - where's Paulie??

felt sorry for Un-noo who missed the black on a 147 break yesterday. he had no idea he could of won 44 grand if he put it away.
  • All the talk of this UK Championship is on the tables. Hawkins saying they should be burned now Ebdon saying its soul destroying to play on them. Stong words.

• They are terrible.

The cushions are a complete lottery and they can have no confidence with their cueing because look how many kicks they are getting.

Better conditions at my club...