Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Playoffs format?....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Playoffs. Abysmal process. A team that finishes 6th, yes SIXTH, can get a game at Wembley and promotion. I don't understand it. Top 3, promoted.
  • Options
    First and second go up. Fifth placed team home to sixth placed, winner away to fourth placed, winner of that plays third place team in Final at Wembley. That would be fairer.
  • Options
    The system works well as it is, if you compare it to the Super League play offs which use a really painfully dragged out system of second chances and choosing who you play, just drags the whole thing out for weeks, and loses momentum
  • Options
    Leave it as it is
  • Options
    Ditto. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • Options
    This season it should have been the team that finished 12th go straight into the play off final with a 3 goal start.
  • Options
    D_F_T said:

First and second go up. Fifth placed team home to sixth placed, winner away to fourth placed, winner of that plays third place team in Final at Wembley. That would be fairer.

Doesn't seem fair if the team finishing third plays the team who have reached the final by winning both games via extra time and penalties and are knackered!
  • Options
    it ain't broke so don't try and fix it.

the play-offs are superb
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This season Southend (5th) were the only promoted side from the Playoffs (from the Championship to the Conference National) not to be the top placed team and that was only because Wycombe had a better goal difference to be ahead of them

Playoffs dont sound broken in the slightest
  • Options
    Don't think anyones really saying they are broken , just that maybe there is a (slightly) fairer way of doing it that might (deservedly) assist the team that came third.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't think anyones really saying they are broken , just that maybe there is a (slightly) fairer way of doing it that might (deservedly) assist the team that came third.

The only way to do that would be to scrap them all together. They not only add very exciting games that appeal to, not only the fans of the sides involved but, most football fans but they increase the interest in the league until the very end of the season. With the top three going up (which I accept is a little fairer) you end up with more and more end of season games between two sides with nothing to play for.

The team that finished third gets to play the team that finished sixth, so that it an advantage, and the teams third and forth get the home leg second, which is also a benefit.

I think they work as they are. I could understand if they removed them all together, but I think that is very unlikely now, and I'd prefer to keep them as they are.
  • Options
    You could make it fairer by having the semis over one leg with the higher placed teams having home advantage.
    But definitely keep them because it means that there are a lot less 'dead' games at the end of the season.