Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can't make my mind up help wanted

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Let me get this right:

1. Your wife wants to go to Bodeans.

2. Your son wants to go to Bodeans.

3. The food at Bodeans is great; there is a great atmosphere there; and it's family friendly.

4. You have to go somewhere that has the same type of food as Bodeans.

5. Your 5 year old and your 13 year old love the food they serve there.

And, critically...

6. You want an easy life.

Seems this is a conundrum that is pretty easily solved.

Yep, sounds like it to me. Close the thread & move on.
  • Options
    There is a Bodean's very near Tower yes but it looks very dark and dingy and surely if its a nice day you would want to be outside. Sitting outside a restaurant on St Kath's dock would be lovely. Few cold beers watching the world and the boats go by. There are a few round but not sure they are that kiddy friendly well they would Brendan's daughter.

You could always pop into the Dickens before you troop off to Bodeans.

http://www.skdocks.co.uk/dining-retail
  • Options
    Big easy. Covent garden.
  • Options
    Well the red dog saloon, kiddy friendly yep big tick, nice friendly staff yep big tick, price pretty decent for family of five, but and this is the big bit, if you were offering 5 stars and bodeans is a 4.2 then red dog is a 3 the food is OK nothing more which is a shame
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

Red Dog is good,but for family orientated maybe somewhere like a TGIS would be ideal,foods not bad in there either

If you've got no tastebuds or you lost your soul in a game of cards, then cafc4life is right on the money with this one.
    Didnt realise John Cristophe Novelli was a regular on this forum.
    Do you genuinely think not eating this is being snobbish? Did the guy who won your soul at least give you the chance to win it back!?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

Red Dog is good,but for family orientated maybe somewhere like a TGIS would be ideal,foods not bad in there either

If you've got no tastebuds or you lost your soul in a game of cards, then cafc4life is right on the money with this one.
    Do you genuinely think not eating this is being snobbish? Did the guy who won your soul at least give you the chance to win it back!?
    you still going on? its about opinions, we get it ,you dont like TGIs.Each to their own
  • Options
    Cheerful Jimmy.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

Wish you wouldn't post pictures like that just before I go and get a dry, soulless salad. ;-(
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

Those chips look like they've got the Aids.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

JiMMy 85 said:

cafc4life said:

you still going on? its about opinions, we get it ,you dont like TGIs.Each to their own
    Pretty logical that I would reply to a post directed at me. Not sure what else you thought would happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I went to not one but two BBQs this weekend hosted by South Africans - they don't muck about at that stuff. Food was gorgeous and all sourced from proper butchers, smithfields etc.
  • Options
    Here from the Argument Alerter, @cabbles sounded the alarm....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Looked a lot nicer than it tasted and the five of us shared the platter, my little girl gave us most of what she ate back at around 0125 and my eldest and myself have been feeling tom and dick all day down graded from a 3 to a 0.5 and a big do not return flag from us,

And if my thread is to be a vehicle for an argument then make sure it's a good un
  • Options
    What is the gunk at the front middle with the sauce on top? Some sort of chicken stuffing?
  • Options
    Pulled pork with red dog barbecue sauce, wasn't touched after the first fork full by any of us b,
  • Options
    should have gone to Stickywings in brick lane mate
  • Options
    Is it good mate we go out every month for a meal together and are always looking for somewhere new, I will have a look into it
  • Options
    sorry if you thought it was a bum steer NLA, i like it in there,shame you had a bad experience.
  • Options

Is it good mate we go out every month for a meal together and are always looking for somewhere new, I will have a look into it

I was gonna suggest Sophies in Covent Garden Nth given the type of food you were considering. It's ribs good meat etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supposed to be good mate
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

sorry if you thought it was a bum steer NLA, i like it in there,shame you had a bad experience.

No need to say that pal, you can't determine anything from a restaurant as we all have different experiences, it was packed so they were doing something right,

Will try it Steve, my kids seem to respond better to trying different things to eat when we go out so we do try for once a month somewhere new
  • Options
    Meat Market in Covent Garden is pretty decent as well. Their Monkey Fingers are unreal.

http://themeatmarket.co.uk/
  • Options
    Should've just gone Bodeans.......... :blush:
  • Options
    Bit out the way, but best BBQ in London is to be found here: http://dukesbrewandque.com/ original home of Beavertown beer too....
  • Options
    Not wrong BOC top food in bodeans