Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it possible that there could be an Alternative World Cup?

2»

Comments

• Options

If the world plays football under the rules that the English fa created all those years ago, can the English fa just refuse to allow fifa to play football under those rules therefore taking the game from them,

It was said by someone on talk sport a while back that the rules of football are owned by the English fa,

If and this is a big if,

If that is the case and true would it not be a way around the whole shameful situation

The custodians and organisation responsible for determining the rules and updates is the International Football Association Board.

Nice idea though - it's our ball and we're taking it back!!
  • Options
    If love to see a tournament from league representative sides. No more than 1 player from each team, no qualification - same format as World Cup finals.

Would be a lot of fun imo
  • Options
    Matter of interest, how many FIFA bigwigs are female or for that matter gay?

I'm sure I read that the good oil' boys at the FA bought expensive designer handbags for the delegation's wives as a "gift" during the English bid. If true we hardly have the moral high ground just because our bribe was poxier than Qatar's!
  • Options
    Blatter has publicly slagged UEFA off today so a boycott could be on.
  • Options
    Hopefully EUFA will go to war against FIFA.
  • Options
    OFC (Oceania) countries by FIFA world ranking

New Zealand - 144th in the world
    New Caledonia - 175th
    Tahiti - 185th
    Solomon Islands - 192nd
    Vanuatu - 195th
    Fiji - 196th
    Samoa - 196th
    Tonga - 201st
    Papua New Guinea - 202nd
    American Samoa - 203rd
    Cook Islands - 207th

And Blatter wants the winner of this group to qualify automatically for the World Cup...

If anyone isn't sure how those rankings compare to Europe, Liechtenstein are ranked 127th, and San Marino are ranked 194th.
  • Options
    Plenty of sports have had revolutions against the established world body. As someone mentioned earlier WSC changed cricket, the professional players themselves changed tennis. Then there has been darts and as for boxing, well who knows who runs that?
    We need some big balls and I thought Platini had them, it seems not. As for Dyke, he is just a windbag.
    I think I heard last night that France and Spain voted for Blatter in the end anyway, pathetic if true.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

We should take a leaf out of the yanks book and host "The World Series of Football" in which only ourselves and a neighbouring nation who is a footballing minnow participate. We could then be World Champions every year!

England v Isle of Man in the World series......................... "just to make sure we are Champions) ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Rizzo said:

We should take a leaf out of the yanks book and host "The World Series of Football" in which only ourselves and a neighbouring nation who is a footballing minnow participate. We could then be World Champions every year!

England v Isle of Man in the World series......................... "just to make sure we are Champions) ;)
    Prob still lose on penalties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he does that them uefa will act, and have the financial and sponsorship backing greater than anything fifa can do

Its OK saying your marketing operation will reach more In the African and Asian market but when a huge % of that audience is unable to have enough food water and electricity to actually need a credit card a car or a bottle of pop it counts for nothing

• Options
    I think that only a couple of UEFA nations voted for Blatter, one being France who had just won the women's world cup and the other being Spain. If the majority vote for a boycott next week then it will be interesting to see what the sponsors do.

One thing for certain is that this is not the end
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Great recent film documentary on American Samoa btw called Next Goal Wins - worth watching. Back to thread title -As the European and Latin American federations oppose Blatter, it is very possible. No country outside of these federations has won the world cup so I would imagine a tournament could be marketed easily. And the winner would be deemed the best team in the world! Hope it doesn't get to this point, but Blatter doesn't care or he would fall on his own sword.
  • Options
    I like that the sill old sod said that FIFA needs UEFA, and that UEFA needs FIFA because of the players from other continents that ply their trade in Europe. As if any of the top bladder punters are going to choose £15k a week at Boca Juniors and a chance to play against American Samoa once every four years over £150k a week and a temporary ban from playing for their non-UEFA national teams...

• Options
    I'd be more than happy for England to boycott the next 2 WCs

I wouldn't be going to either and we wouldn't win either

Moral high ground time

• Options
    England boycotting on their own would achieve nothing. Partly for the reason you give above.