Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One thing that i realised after yesterday...

WSSWSS
edited April 2007 in General Charlton
...was that i couldnt care less what division we play in next year or any other year. Football is about more than the 90 minutes on the pitch.

Its about being with mates, having a great day and supporting your club. As Sco kept reminding us yesterday, The Valley is always going to be there and so are us the fans.

Of course i'd want to watch us playing in the Prem next year but if we do go down, Charlton will still be Charlton, The Valley will still be The Valley and thats whats important.

Who cares who the opposition are? We are concerned about Charlton Athletic Football Club, no-one else.

Charlton till i die.

Comments

• Options
    I agree!!
  • Options
    So true.
  • Options
    Good post. I kinda feel relieved its nearly all over, this season seems to have lasted forever! Onwards and upwards. "CHARLTON TIL I DIE"
  • Options
    totally correct and singing at 1-0 down, 2-1 and 3-1, 4-1 and even after the game in the stands, streets and all the way home proved it no end
  • Options
    Great post - this is what we are all about
  • Options
    Nice one WSS. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Yep with you there, said the same to a tearful Ms Lat yesterday
  • Options
    great post WSS, an i echo it 100%

THAT is what 'being Charlton' is all about to me.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to some of those away ties next season - Much more fun I say!
  • Options
    Brilliant post. What is certain is that our club is in a better state as regards it's fan base than it has ever been in my lifetime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And i think if we do go down, we'll be taking more away next season.

Its not other yet though...
  • Options
    Nice post totally agree
  • Options
    If I were in England I would agree with the post. Like many supporters, maybe the vast majority, I spent more time following CAFC in the lower divisions, mostly what is now the CCC, and in many ways preferred an away game at Port Vale to one at one of the bigger clubs, though when the opportunity arose in the cup to go to Old Trafford, for example, we didn't need an operation OT, the fans turned up in their thousands. Lower division weekend football is generally played at 3 o'clock on a Saturday (with the odd exception) which nearly all fans prefer, and you get more games for your money!

From my current perspective, I will lose the ability to follow the team "live". So many Premiership games are screened live in Asia, I have probably seen more games in full than many regular supporters in England; certainly more than I used to see in person as a season ticket holder. This is not the case with the CCC, of course. I can't see another company doing an ITV Digital and stumping up millions for exclusive rights to live TV coverage, so we're limited to the occasional live game, usually one a week, mostly at 2 or 3 on a Saturday morning. I'll have to bookmark the weekly Championship highlights show.

Of course there is the internet but live streams on a Thai connection? Forget it, even if they are available!

I haven't managed to get back for a live game for a couple of years, my usual visits being in June, but I will change that next year as I don't want to be totally starved of Addicks action.

It ain't over yet, I know, but with two points from the last four games, with what we have to come, plus West Ham potentially having an easier task than they may have had next weekend, I have to be realistic.
  • Options
    Ave It! CAFC forever.
  • Options
    Amen to that!
  • Options
    of course I want us to stay up .... but we might be going down - am I bothered, does my face look bothered, face - bothered?