Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disgusting behaviour by Newcastle

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Just saw on Twitter that after all he has been through, Jonas Gutierrez was tonight released by Newcastle, on his mobile, along with another player.

Didn't think this was particularly appropriate from Newcastle, a joke in fact.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you, had trouble posting the link
  • Options
    Both been there a long time . Shameful, if true
  • Options
    I'd take Jonas in a flash
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hardly a surprise . Mike Ashley makes a living out of treating people like shit.

Just ask anyone who works for Sports Direct.
  • Options
    Hey Beds, what's it like working for Mike Ashley?
  • Options
    Worse than breaking up with your girlfriend over the phone. Gutless smh
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Both have been out for long periods with injury and illness.

But agree, gutless to sack them by phone though.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

When did Gutierrez become Northern Irish?

Or Ryan Taylor ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snap them up
  • Options
    would take either of those in a heartbeat
  • Options
    At least they didn't have their hopes raised by having a meeting scheduled.
  • Options
    Middlesbrough and Sunderland probably have first dibs considering that they're settled up there, idk though
  • Options
    I'd take both.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

wmcf123 said:

Both have been out for long periods with injury and illness.

But agree, gutless to sack them by phone though.
    Yes, that was my issue
  • Options
    Have they been sacked or have their contracts simply run out?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Have they been sacked or have their contracts simply run out?

Contracts not renewed rather than sacked. Not the nicest way to do things but outside of the phone call issue I dont really see a problem. Think they'll still end up in the Prem.
  • Options
    The man gave Pardew an 8 year contract.

Tells you all you need to know about the scum we are dealing with in my opinion.
  • Options
    Surely their agents would have been in contact with the club about their contracts for a while?

Seems unlikely this is the first they would have known of the news. Given they will now be off for the summer would they have preferred to have been asked to fly back to Newcastle from their holidays so they could be given the news in person?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with the above. If the contract was running out this summer then you would have thought the club would have started negotiations if they were considering keeping them.

It works both ways, this time the contract runs out and the club doesn't want them. Re Poyet his contract ran out and he didn't want the club just as JBG is intimating.
  • Options
    I'm not going to feel too sorry for premiership footballers, I doubt very much that either of them will be signing on in the next couple of days.

• Options

I'm not going to feel too sorry for premiership footballers, I doubt very much that either of them will be signing on in the next couple of days.

An employer should treat long serving employees with more courtesy than that, particularly as both played a part in earning Newcastle the £120m that they will receive for staying in the league.
  • Options
    football in a nutshell. fans demand loyalty as to clubs sometimes when it suits. but on another note player will f+++ off at drop of an hat and £10k a week more. bet if it wasnt guttierez no one would give a shit.
  • Options

football in a nutshell. fans demand loyalty as to clubs sometimes when it suits. but on another note player will f+++ off at drop of an hat and £10k a week more. bet if it wasnt guttierez no one would give a shit.

But these players didn't do that - infact, the complete opposite. Jonas Gutierrez had the chance to leave Newcastle when they were relegated from the Premier League, but instead decided to stay and get them out of their plight.
  • Options
    The players had contracts, they were paid while working for Newcastle. The contract has ended, Newcastle don't want to employ them anymore. Players move on.
  • Options
    Looks like quite a few are missing the point here. The players have already come out and said they have no problem with being released, its all part and parcel of the business.

The problem is in the manner it was done. Didn't even have the decency to call Jonas on his mobile and tell him in private.
  • Options
    Presumably it was by phone because the players are off on their holidays now ?
  • Options
    its a non news story really ,i expect the players have agents who would have been told this already
  • Options
    That Mike Ashley, would have the shirt off your back ?

He didn't get where he is by making 2 phone calls, when one will do.