Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League earnings table

Comments

• Options
    maybe .. but couldn't we do with £ots of that £ove£y £o££y
  • Options
    Does someone want to email this to Roland with the subject title as: Hint Hint Hint
  • Options
    Could someone get hold of the figures for our division so we can all see how much of a poor relation we are in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    *Double post..Sorry :(
  • Options
    Angers me how little of that money actually goes into developing English players and our national game.

I genuinely believe all Premier League clubs should pay a tax which gets distributed to the rest of the English game so everyone can thrive.

Those numbers just show how the Premier League is catered more from some kid watching a game in his room in Pakistan than a local lad who can't afford a ticket to go and see his heroes play.

It's a league that I just cannot take seriously.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I read last week, something that I was not aware of, that before the ill fated TV deal that the football league negotiated with a group of TV companies about 10 years ago they were offered a life time deal of something like 25% of total premiership TV income every season. If that deal had been accepted every Championship club would be getting something like £20 million a season now as part of the deal. The football league bosses at the time turned it down. In the article this was likened to Decca turning down the Beatles.

I find it amazing how so many people resent the astonishing world wide success of the Premiership and the increasing wealth it continues to generate and that so many people think it should be forced to share more of that wealth with the lower divisions. In my mind it is like people saying that Apple are too successful and earn too much money because everybody wants to buy their products rather than the products of their competitors and therefore should be forced to pay money to their competitors so these companies can stay in business producing crappy products that nobody wants!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    They are making an interesting change to the structure of the parachute payments. Clubs who stay up for only one year only get 2 years of parachute payments as opposed to 3. They hope '.....it will encourage promoted clubs to invest more in staying up rather than taking the increased revenue and planning for relegation.'
  • Options
    The FAPL is successful because of the brand of football, the global reach and it's ability to convince lower clubs to risk their financial future "competing " and signing players. The latest move on relegated clubs was foreseen by a friend who thought that if Championship clubs did not compete then they would be penalised . To be fair fair, Burnley haven't been there long enough to rack up serious contract commitments and QPR have themselves to blame.

As for envy and jealousy? Life is short and, as someone said higher up, pass this on to RD!

RD would not be here and Bulot, Vetokele, Gudmundsson etc would not have played for us last season if it wasn't for the FAPL prize. I just hope we make further strides towards it next season.
  • Options
    Those stripey twats had one lucky promotion season and now look at them

Makes me sick
  • Options
    Once the new deal kicks in, the table will look even more disproportionate (with the renegotiated overseas rights yet to come). The Premier League has done an excellent job in selling itself but the problem is that it has created an absolute chasm with clubs in the Championship and below.

Rather off point, but I do deplore the way that Sky and the Premier League are trying to rewrite history on the basis that top flight football really started in 1992. As an article in 'When Saturday Comes' observes, Ryan Giggs played 672 league games for Man Utd, not 632 (the first 40 coming before the rebranding). Likewise, whilst Sky refer to the late Gary Speed playing more Premier League games, 535, than any other player, they are ignoring the 79 he played before that, including 41 in Leeds' 91-92 title winning season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I read last week, something that I was not aware of, that before the ill fated TV deal that the football league negotiated with a group of TV companies about 10 years ago they were offered a life time deal of something like 25% of total premiership TV income every season. If that deal had been accepted every Championship club would be getting something like £20 million a season now as part of the deal. The football league bosses at the time turned it down. In the article this was likened to Decca turning down the Beatles.

I find it amazing how so many people resent the astonishing world wide success of the Premiership and the increasing wealth it continues to generate and that so many people think it should be forced to share more of that wealth with the lower divisions. In my mind it is like people saying that Apple are too successful and earn too much money because everybody wants to buy their products rather than the products of their competitors and therefore should be forced to pay money to their competitors so these companies can stay in business producing crappy products that nobody wants!

Comparing Apple and the Premiership is not quite the same though is it?

Think about it for a minute.

If a competitor of Apple comes up with a challenge to them then they quickly copy it by spending vast amounts of money. Now take this as an example, if Man Utd come up against Chelsea with a challenge, they cannot copy it. Granted, they can spend lots of money on it and get close but they cannot copy it (player wise as they are all different)

This is where the Prem has come unstuck. In the old days they would loan players out or buy them from lower ranked clubs. They are unwilling to do this now as a) The lower league clubs have no money to pay wages and b) The big clubs have already hovered up all the talent because they are academy A status.

In laymen's terms, the equilibrium has changed and it is now an uneven playing field. Teams like Chelsea now complain that they have over 50 professionals at the club that cannot get game time but refused to loan them out yet they still take all of the talent.