Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull City voted top Premier League away-day experience by fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32975501
Relegated Hull City were top of the Premier League when it came to entertaining away fans last season.
A Football Supporters' Federation survey rated the Tigers top with fellow relegated side QPR at the bottom.
Palace were 19th in the PL, while Wigan were top of the Championship (we were ranked 11th). I've never been to their ground, so do people here think it was a great away day?

Comments

• Options
    A visit to the Nigels at shithouse park is one but last. There's a surprise.
  • Options
    "They were asked to rate transport links, turnstiles, stadium layout, food and drink, view of the pitch and security. "

All very much of a muchness where ever you go. The difference, I would have thought, would be the whole day experience.
    Using that as a yard stick even Palace would come out higher than Hull. A day out in London is better than a lifetime in Hull.
  • Options

"They were asked to rate transport links, turnstiles, stadium layout, food and drink, view of the pitch and security. "

All very much of a muchness where ever you go. The difference, I would have thought, would be the whole day experience.
    Using that as a yard stick even Palace would come out higher than Hull. A day out in London is better than a lifetime in Hull.

Cant really ask fans about the views they get of the pitch as everywhere will be different... You go somewhere like Charlton and your behind the goal so that if your low down you view of the other end isnt going to be as good... At Norwich / Ipswich / Wolves you go alongside the pitch so you naturally get a better view of the whole match.
  • Options
    From the teams in our division, Brighton seem to make an effort, e.g. supplying a local ale, while as noted by others as well the Cardiff stewards were the most friendly of any I've ever experienced, and both are ranked highly in the list
  • Options

Cant really ask fans about the views they get of the pitch as everywhere will be different... You go somewhere like Charlton and your behind the goal so that if your low down you view of the other end isnt going to be as good... At Norwich / Ipswich / Wolves you go alongside the pitch so you naturally get a better view of the whole match.
    My impression is that most away fans enjoy a visit to the Valley (easy transport links, friendly atmosphere, sensible pricing) but that the JS stand is a bit elderly with poor facilities and a poor view, so mid table in the rankings is fair.
  • Options
    There are lots of decent pubs in Hull, to some this is more important than the turnstiles.
  • Options
    They all probably enjoyed Hull because their team came away with the 3 points.
  • Options

QPR have the worst turnstile access in the top half of the league. Every week away fans queue down the road on both sides to get in through two turnstiles. The seats are camped and the view is poor. The whole place is a dump and they fully deserved to scrape past Shithouse Park into last spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've sat in various stands/locations at the KC and watched football and Rugby League.. all seats provided a very good view of the pitch, the catering is good with a nice sports type bar downstairs, the stadium is situated in a nice park like area and is not too far from Hull's main transport links
  • Options
    Boothferry Park had great transport links and turnstiles - they were on the train platform straight into the ground.
  • Options
    Cardiff was hands down the best away last season.
    The result, the manner in which we got the result, decent following, decent noise from us, sun was out, town centre was lively, not too far from the ground, stewards were not OTT.