Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Local Radio Station

MARITIME RADIO PRESS RELEASE

Maritime Radio - a new Radio service dedicated to Greenwich Borough - will launch on Saturday 29 August. It will be available on FM, online and on mobile devices.

It is being launched by local broadcasters Duncan Martin and Robert Gray. Robert is well known for his recent television programme, The Greenwich Show.

Programme Director Duncan says: “Maritime Radio is all about local – we are planning a schedule full of local content, broadcast from our studio in the middle of Greenwich and close to all the action. We’ll be talking about everything that is going on in the area as well as reporting on local news and events”.

Planning is well under way and Maritime Radio encourages people from around Greenwich to get in touch if they would like to be involved. There are also advertising and sponsorship opportunities available to local businesses. To get in touch, email studio@maritimeradio.london for further information.

ENDS

Notes:

Maritime Radio will be on air between 29 August and 25 September, 24 hours a day from studios in Greenwich, London

Comments

• I know Duncan well, and Robert, and will be getting
    nvolved
  • Will be broadcasting Charlton Live on Sunday nights. Featured in this weeks Greenwich Mercury.
  • So is it only available for less than a month? If so whats the point of that, or is it just a
    trial period or something?
  • Its an RSL ( a test broadcast). You are allowed to do 1 month every 6 months, with a view to applying for a permanent licence, this is the first broadcast. More details about Charlton Live to come very soon.
  • So Charlton Live will be free to listen to (I think you can only get it via Charlton Player at the moment) ?

Sounds good !
  • Press release about that shortly, but it is good news....
  • edited August 2015
    Good luck Pete
  • se9addick said:

So Charlton Live will be free to listen to (I think you can only get it via Charlton Player at the moment) ?

Sounds good !

Will I have to stand on the toilet seat, with the aerial out the window, to get a decent reception, like I did with RTM ?
  • se9addick said:

So Charlton Live will be free to listen to (I think you can only get it via Charlton Player at the moment) ?

Sounds good !

Will I have to stand on the toilet seat, with the aerial out the window, to get a decent reception, like I did with RTM ?
    Details to be released soon hopefully but it will be online
  • Listening now...
  • Sponsored links:

• Listening now...

To what ?