Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 'Old' Valley

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Remember The Valley and the Covered End as it was in 1979 - lots of memories!

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5621451409608521680

Comments

• nice vid brings mate memorys of the good old days
  • what i would of given to have stood on a packed East Terrace
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]what i would of given to have stood on a packed East Terrace[/quote]

standing in the covered end we used to know whether the gate was any good or not by whether the east terrace gangways were clearly defined or not...if they were you knew there was a good crowd...mind you, you never believed the 'official' figure they gave out for the gate...
  • edited April 2007
    Great video- brings back some great distant memories-

I only ever stood on a very sparsely populated east stand but it was still a magnificant view as you walked in.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]what i would of given to have stood on a packed East Terrace

How about a gold flask or a subscription to Valley Gold?.....:-)
  • Brilliant,great days
  • Valley prior to 1976 is the best, before some fool ripped the curved gabled roof off the west stand and replace it with seventies rubbish. Go a couple of years earlier and you have the full might of the south stand - we are talking the days before Jimmy Seed stand was constructed and that annoying block of flats which prevent us from expanding that area.

Early seventies Valley must have been fantastic!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rughead[/cite]Valley prior to 1976 is the best, before some fool ripped the curved gabled roof off the west stand and replace it with seventies rubbish. Go a couple of years earlier and you have the full might of the south stand - we are talking the days before Jimmy Seed stand was constructed and that annoying block of flats which prevent us from expanding that area.

Early seventies Valley must have been fantastic!

It was - well the Covered End was anyway!