Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London Aquarium

Going with partner and son tomorrow,
never been before anyone on here been, if so whats it like and is there any must see things there

Comments

• Going with partner and son tomorrow,
    never been before anyone on here been, if so whats it like and is there any must see things there

I'd try and see a fish or two if you can Paulie.

Seriously enjoy your day. If it's your first outing you will swiftly learn that packing to go anywhere with a baby is just like going on holiday!
  • Never been Paulie - but have a great day, and report back.
  • the aquarium is pretty much the same as any sea life you go to but does have a larger quantity to see. There are some pretty cool facts around and lots for kids to do throughout. Unfortunately the last time i went there was alot of areas closed for tefurb but that should all be done by now in readiness for summer hols. Enjoy it mate
  • Always wanted to go there, let us now what it's like
  • I really like it and have been a few times but then I like fish and not only with chips.

only draw back is families with kids.

I think they should have a day when families and kids aren't allowed making it more pleasurable for the rest of us.

apart from that you should enjoy it.
  • adsads
    edited June 2015

I really like it and have been a few times but then I like fish and not only with chips.

I think they should have a day when families and kids aren't allowed making it more pleasurable for the rest of us.

Mardy Arse Monday, no smiling, women and children allowed?
  • If your going by train check because you used to get 2 for 1 entry if you showed your train ticket
  • Going with partner and son tomorrow,

Son? Bloody hell Paulie you don't mess about. It usually takes 9 months. You've managed it in just over a week!

Been a couple of times, you'll really enjoy it. Decent place to visit, and lots of other things to do within the the immediate area as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's alright there but a bit pricey and worth the fast track ticket if it is raining.

Nice walks along the South Bank all the way to Tower Bridge / Shad Thames if you're up for it but full of tourists (like yourselves).
  • It's really good, been a couple of times. The big tank and the Rays are probably the highlights. As it's quite dark and they have eerie underwater music playing it creates an atmosphere.
  • Went about 4-5 years ago now and tbh I was a bit disappointed.
    Make sure you buy your tickets in advance as they're more expensive on the door.
  • Be prepared to get stuck behind people taking pictures of every single fish on their phones.........
  • I really like it and have been a few times but then I like fish and not only with chips.

http://www.merlineventslondon.com/sea-life-after-dark/

They do late night special openings, so that you can avoid the screaming children! Even more expensive though...

The late night openings at museums are quite good, music, drinks and a chance to see the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum in a more relaxed atmosphere
  • Went a couple of years ago with my lad. He was only about a year old at the time though and slept through the whole thing! A ray managed to scare the shit out of the wife though so that made it worth the trip!
  • My daughter was there a couple of days ago. She had a great time walking on top of the shark tank and stroking the rays. She swears blind they have penguins which I have my doubts about. Apparently there's a blue whale too!
  • Yep there's both but one of the two species Aint real , the penguin bit is cool
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah, fuck families with kids. Keeping the population going to pay for your pension and all that shit. I don't think we should .let them go anywhere. Maybe we should even tax them more for wanting to go on holiday at holiday time?

Miserable fool.
  • some good english course fish to observe last time i went.

barbel are the otters of the aquarium world. fun to watch.