Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I come in peace!! Quick question for you.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Out of interest why is your font different to the actual street signs?
  • Options

Out of interest why is your font different to the actual street signs?

Just to give them a bit of character I suppose. A bit plain the fonts on street signs.
    Do you want one? Just sitting here doing a price for a job in kings hill. Could deliver it to your door, save on the P&P. ;-)
  • Options
    If it is anything like the football, it will probably get lost before it is hung
  • Options

But have my first order for a Floyd Road one, so as soon as it's done I'll get a picture up.

You're not painting them in Jam are you MF?
    Only those posh jam jars in your photo are a tad worrying!
  • Options

Can't wait for Shrewsbury! New ground, lovely town, early august, big away following. Going to be a great day. Who you got first game?
    P.s. So you think just Floyd Road?

• Options
    just regroup we did
  • Options

and as it's Friday...

MF, one of you're fellow spanners makes similar but they are not as good as yours and he charges a LOT more.

Thanks mate. And yes, Dale's ones of the same size are £39. His larger ones are £49. Tbh that's where I got the idea from. I got one of his as a gift and although I liked it, I remember thinking (without meaning to sound conceited here) I could do a lot better than this. His ones are very light too. Mine feel like a solid lump of wood.
    Bit like your no 9 last season , then...:-)

Seriously, look forward to seeing the pic of Floyd Rd sign .

Might get one for our grandson's room.

• Options
    What you tup of paint are you painting them with? Do you think they'd stand up to the elements okay? One would look good on my garage but it'd get a lot of sun in the summer and a lot of cold in the winter.
  • Options
    I will drop you a pm , are you restricting on only football related names

I have three kids all with nick names

Could you do a

Lottie Lane

For example

• Options

What you tup of paint are you painting them with? Do you think they'd stand up to the elements okay? One would look good on my garage but it'd get a lot of sun in the summer and a lot of cold in the winter.

Just water based acrylics, but I could probably put a couple of coats of clear Matt exterior varnish on one to make it suitable for outdoors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I will drop you a pm , are you restricting on only football related names

I have three kids all with nick names

Could you do a

Lottie Lane

For example

Sorry NLA, only just seen this.

No mate, these are hand made to order, so I can do whatever you like.
  • Options
    In fact, that's a great idea. The kids would love to see their name/nickname in a sign like that, and great gifts for their rooms.
  • Options
    Have just sent you a PM @MillwallFan
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Sorry MF, missed out on a sell. My daughter got me this for Father's Day.

Grass by me.
  • Options

Sorry MF, missed out on a sell. My daughter got me this for Father's Day.

Excellent, just off to Greenwich to meet my dad for pie mash. He's getting one of my CBL ones ;-)
  • Options
    First Charlton one done this evening. These ones measure up a bit shorter than the CBL and WHL ones, at 45cm as opposed to 55.
  • Options
    Very nice MF.
    Could you squeeze a 'Millwall are Scum SE4' on one?
  • Options

Very nice MF.
    Could you squeeze a 'Millwall are Scum SE4' on one?

They're bespoke and made to order mate, so I could do yes. But I won't ;-)

P.s. And thanks :-)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    "They're bespoke and made to order"- that was a bit of a blond moment :blush:
  • Options

First Charlton one done this evening. These ones measure up a bit shorter than the CBL and WHL ones, at 45cm as opposed to 55.

@MillwallFan

Just received them mate.

They look great......highly recommended!

Cheers

• Sponsored links:

• Options

@MillwallFan

Just received them mate.

They look great......highly recommended!

Cheers

Likewise mate. Mine came on Thursday, a 40th birthday prezzie for my mate. He loved it although seeing as he took possession of it at the start of a 12 hour session it could well be anywhere right now. Good news for MillwallFan if so, he'll have to buy himself a replacement.

So a big thumbs up from me.
  • Options
    Mine arrived this am.
    Great packaging, excellent product. Looks very smart indeed.
    Many thanks Millwall fan.

Will varnish mine for the great outdoors. What do you recommend for this?
  • Options

Mine arrived this am.

Sorry Arthur, came to bump this thread and only just seen this. Any clear exterior varnish should do the trick, preferably Matt or satin finish. You can't go wrong with with Ronseal. We do now use exterior paint so they can go inside or outside no probs. Really glad you was happy with it. Likewise 9goals.

• Options
    Anyway, if anyone's interested in one as a Christmas present it'll be a good idea to book early. We do free P&P now.

http://woodenstreetsigns.co.uk/
  • Options

Mine arrived this am.

Sorry Arthur, came to bump this thread and only just seen this. Any clear exterior varnish should do the trick, preferably Matt or satin finish. You can't go wrong with with Ronseal. We do now use exterior paint so they can go inside or outside no probs. Really glad you was happy with it. Likewise 9goals.

Thought you'd been over-worked MF!
    Great product and Ronsealed it a couple of months ago.
    Makes me smile every time I walk past it.
    Recommended you to a few of my non-league attending mates - hope you get some obscure business!
  • Options

Mine arrived this am.

Thought you'd been over-worked MF!
    Great product and Ronsealed it a couple of months ago.
    Makes me smile every time I walk past it.
    Recommended you to a few of my non-league attending mates - hope you get some obscure business!
    Thanks mate. Really appreciate it. I think admin have blocked this thread or something as its not going back to the top of the page. Hey ho