Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open golf

Anybody watching? Looks a bit like crazy golf without the windmills. Can't quite understand how a course that was built out of a quarry seven or eight years ago ends up getting the worlds third biggest tournament given all the brilliant courses in America. Tiger continues to implode which is watchable in a perverse sort of way. Jason Day gets vertigo and falls over. Poor guy. Hope he's ok. Spieth is the danger (if he's 21 I'm 80!). Time difference is a bummer as it will finish in the middle of the night.

Comments

• Options
    That course is not fit for a major in my opinion. Would be good fun for a decent amateur if the greens were better. Acres and acres of grey "sand" though?
  • Options
    Looks horrible. Not a McIlroy sort of course at all.

My main concern is that there is no chance of shooting a 65 or lower so the likelihood of anyone lower down coming through is pretty much zero.
  • Options
    Not neccessarily, shot a couple of 2 under's and other shoot 4 or 5 overs which is easily done and you have a big turnaround, see what happened at the Irish Open a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Big advantage to the early starters today, if you are +2 and can shoot -3 you could be leading by the end of the day
  • Options
    It certainly looks strange and the greens are not great according to the players but if Dustin Johnson, Jason Day or particularly Jordan Spieth wins I won't be complaining.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

It certainly looks strange and the greens are not great according to the players but if Dustin Johnson, Jason Day or particularly Jordan Spieth wins I won't be complaining.

Get ready not to complain......
  • Options
    Dustin Johnson had an Eagle putt on the last to win but three putted and gave Spieth his 2nd Major in a row.
  • Options
    DJ choked....at least he gets to go home with Paulina Gretsky. I agree the course made the tournament a farce.
  • Options
    This must be the first time that the winners of the Majors at golf, 2014/15
    are younger than the winners of the slams at tennis, 2014/15 (mens)
  • Options
    I thought the course looked and played shocking and that has got nothing to do with my bet on Branden Grace at 125/1 so very nearly coming off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anybody watching? Looks a bit like crazy golf without the windmills. Can't quite understand how a course that was built out of a quarry seven or eight years ago ends up getting the worlds third biggest tournament given all the brilliant courses in America. Tiger continues to implode which is watchable in a perverse sort of way. Jason Day gets vertigo and falls over. Poor guy. Hope he's ok. Spieth is the danger (if he's 21 I'm 80!). Time difference is a bummer as it will finish in the middle of the night.

He looks 21 until he takes the cap off.

PoorRich bloke is just going.bald early.