Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer has signed! (4 year deal - June 15)

Comments

• Options
    Four stiches in his head were required after clashing with Jazz Richards, wonder what an ordinary season is for Patrick after the dislocated finger a few weeks ago
  • Options

Probably been mentioned elsewhere but really good to see that little pick me up he gave pope after his fumble, exactly what you want your defender to be doing to the keeper after a howler. Also sarcastically cheering when he catches one doesn't help the young lads confidence either. Fair play to Patrick though. Been very impressed with him.

very much so
  • Options
    A very solid defender and looks to be a true team player and a leader for someone who is still young. Good at tackling, positioning and strong in the air.

Will be hard to keep a hold of him. Very impressed with this unknown foreign signing ;-)
  • Options
    For me, easily the pick of our summer signings so far. Always strong, committed and surprisingly skillfull on the ball.
  • Options
    Someone near me yesterday said Bauer reminds him of Stuart Balmer. That's a very good shout.
  • Options

Probably been mentioned elsewhere but really good to see that little pick me up he gave pope after his fumble, exactly what you want your defender to be doing to the keeper after a howler. Also sarcastically cheering when he catches one doesn't help the young lads confidence either. Fair play to Patrick though. Been very impressed with him.

Nice touch, but shame our centre backs didnt react as quickly as Tunnicliffe though, especially given Popes weakness at low shots at his body.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Yeah he almost does it on a weekly basis with Pope.

Helpful
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Someone near me yesterday said Bauer reminds him of Stuart Balmer. That's a very good shout.

Not quite as sweaty though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Greenie said:

markmc68 said:

Yeah he almost does it on a weekly basis with Pope.

Helpful
    Yes but also quite true. Pope regularly makes mistakes. I'm not saying that he's shite. He quite often makes brilliant camera saves too. But he can't seem to handle shots straight at him.

Love how Henry missed the ALMOST that markmc68 put in there.

The players seem to believe in Pope, Bauer seems somewhat confident in him and they are a lot closer to the game, training and all the ins and outs than we are.
  • Options
    Cheers dazzler. It was said tongue in cheek. Can you imagine the pelters Neil ethridge would have got had he been between the sticks. There are just some players that can not be criticised. It's a forum but you are not allowed a view or be critical.
  • Options
    Of course you can't 100% tell from photos and twitter, but Bauer of the new signings seems to have settled in best with the 'existing' players, he seems a good pro.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Cheers dazzler. It was said tongue in cheek. Can you imagine the pelters Neil ethridge would have got had he been between the sticks. There are just some players that can not be criticised. It's a forum but you are not allowed a view or be critical.

Who's not allowing you to have a view then? I saw Greenie dispute your view but that's about it. Unless Greenie is round your house slapping your hand away from the mouse every time you try and post, in which case I withdraw my comment and apologise.
  • Options

Four stiches in his head were required after clashing with Jazz Richards, wonder what an ordinary season is for Patrick after the dislocated finger a few weeks ago

Dread to think what the inside of Jazz Richards' head looks like now if Bauer needed four stitches

Dizzy - that's a Jazz joke.

Hmmmmm, Nice
  • Options
    He's such a hero
  • Options
    He got a few pelters on Twitter and ultimately deleted the tweet
  • Options
    Strange thing to tweet - not that I'm really bothered.

Has he searched for a compilation of images from yesterday of him getting sent off so he could put it into a tweet?....it's a bit weird!
  • Options
    Things are getting weird central down at The Valley at the moment. Don't even know what to think of that, or the reactions to it.

The general vibe around the place and around the players is flat out strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why I believe players shouldn't bother with social media, they are on a hiding to nothing. Frank Lampard, when questioned in the Evening Standard, said in response to a question of what one piece of advice he'd give a young player coming through the ranks answered 'stay away from social media'. Enough said.
  • Options

I don't think he meant anything "disrespectful "to us fans or the club. I think it has been a bit "lost in translation " tbh. I for one are certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, I also think he has been pretty dam good in his first season so far for us.

I think he has been our best player of all this season. I know that's not saying much, but even so.
  • Options
    Fans making a scene out of this type of comment made by a Footballer is another reason why the soul has been sucked from the Sport, people within the game cant just come out with an honest comment these days because the fans / media etc. just pick it to pieces.

Its why we moan and ask for honesty when the Managers constantly comes out and says: "Well we showed character" or use the same old phrases over and over again, instead of being able to honestly say how they feel the match went, we have to put up with the same drivel because everyone will take it out of context
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

His frustration at a ref who wanted to send someone off ... Patrick a class act but fell for the old trick from the centre forward he will learn ......
    Patrick one of the best centre backs we had at this club myself make him captain

Sadly his two bookings were deserved and rightly given. If a Reading defender had committed the same 2 challenges i would expect the ref to show him the red card.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

His frustration at a ref who wanted to send someone off ... Patrick a class act but fell for the old trick from the centre forward he will learn ......
    Patrick one of the best centre backs we had at this club myself make him captain

Sadly his two bookings were deserved and rightly given. If a Reading defender had committed the same 2 challenges i would expect the ref to show him the red card.
    I didnt get to see the two yellow card fouls but were they just stupid from Bauer or were they professional fouls where if Bauer hadnt made them, they could have resulted in goals for Reading? (i.e. Shaun Bartlett @ Spurs)
  • Options

shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

I didnt get to see the two yellow card fouls but were they just stupid from Bauer or were they professional fouls where if Bauer hadnt made them, they could have resulted in goals for Reading? (i.e. Shaun Bartlett @ Spurs)
    second one yes, first was on half way line