Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton second-favourites for relegation

2»

Comments

• Options
    this way they will underestimate us. Good for us! :-)
  • Options
    Get in good odds.
  • Options

Get in good odds.

If you're that confident quality players will be in the squad over the next week or two, then it's time to have a punt.
  • Options
    STILL 2nd favourites to be relegated (on Skybet, at least). They are offering 1/4 odds for us to stay up. 3 decent signings appear to have made no difference
  • Options
    Equally Skybet go 100/1 Us to win the Championship. Neither is likely to happen but I have had £5 ew at the 100/1. Also agree we will finish above Brentford this year, they have had there day.
  • Options

we've made 3 signings but we've no idea whether they are decent or not.

Well there are no certainties - but on paper they have sufficient pedigree to suggest we can more than hold our own...looking at those odds you'd easily forget that we finished well clear of relegation last season
  • Options
    What AFKA said. We start the season a completely unknown quantity. It could easily be famine or feast.

I'm still excited by it though.
  • Options

STILL 2nd favourites to be relegated (on Skybet, at least). They are offering 1/4 odds for us to stay up. 3 decent signings appear to have made no difference

No one has lumped on enough money then to change the odds.
  • Options
    I put some money on a top half finish - I still thank that it is a bet worth taking. Last time I looked, the odds hadn't moved, either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we are 7/4 to be relegated then the best price 3/1 for top half will get bigger.
  • Options
    Interestingly Skybet have now cut the price to 50/1. I am assuming that my £5ew didn't scare them, so some of you must have joined me ?
  • Options
    Done the top half finish again, got 2/1 with sky bet.
  • Options
    Charlton top half finish with Celtic and Rangers to win there leagues pays £540 from £100.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Favourites with Sky Bet to be bottom of the Championship as of the 1st September. 13/2.

9/4 to be in the bottom 3 as of the same date.

8/1 to be in the top 6 as of the same date.

66/1 to be top of the league as of the same date.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    We were 6th as of the 1st September last season, so 8/1 is excellent value IF you believe the squad will be improved by the 8th August.
  • Options
    Tough start would explain the long odds on being top.
  • Options
    I don't think we can argue with that assessment at present. I'm waiting to rush to the bookings after we make a few decent signings before they twig.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Top goalscorer in the Championship 15/16.

Vetokele 40 to 66/1
    Gudmundsson 50 to 66/1
    Makienok 50 to 80/1

Top London Club 15/16 in a four team event you can get 7 to 10/1 on Charlton.

• Options
    Points spread of 51 (sell) - 53 (buy) for us...better only than Rotherham and worse than last season. Having some of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Igor was 150/1 last year. I thought I could be on to a winner after the first few games of the season.
  • Options

Points spread of 51 (sell) - 53 (buy) for us...better only than Rotherham and worse than last season. Having some of that.

Could you explain to a non-gambler what exactly you'd bet on to take advantage of that?
  • Options
    If you think Charlton will get more than 53 points you would buy. You choose how much you by at. If you buy at £10 a point and they get 56 points you win £30. If you buy at £100 a point and they get 60 you win £700.
    If you buy at £50 a point and they get 50 points you lose £150.
    If you think they will get less than 51 you sell. If you sell at £25 a point and they get 49 you win £50. If you sell at £100 a point and they get 60 points you lose £900.
    The price will be adjusted after every game (its like a share price) and you can close the bet whenever you like.

Suggest you keep your money in your pocket. After watching the Norwich game at The Valley last season I sold at (from memory) 50 points. I couldn't see where another point was going to come from. We all know what happened next.
  • Options
    Pico said:

Suggest you keep your money in your pocket.

Or...listen to Katrien...70 points. It's not as if she's ever bandied about questionable numbers before.