Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England can win 2022 World Cup, says U21s boss Gareth Southgate

2»

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I'd say Southgate should pay the penalty for England's woeful performance but he'd probably miss it!

I'll cut Southgate some slack, given that his predecessor was Stuart Pearce. Anyone would be preferable to him
  • Options
    You don't necessarily need amazing players to win a tournament - Greece and Denmark have proven that.

Unfortunately we have none of the other qualities required either.

I genuinely think Wales and NI etc will give there fans more (relatively) to cheer about next summer than our hopeless bunch.

Hope I'm wrong but we have been missing that required mentality throughout the whole set-up for years now and i don't see it changing when it comes to the crunch.
  • Options
    Hear this every two years, relating to some major tournament. Sadly the St George's flag carrying drivers seem to agree, cue fire sales of England tat at all major retailers...
  • Options

Hear this every two years, relating to some major tournament. Sadly the St George's flag carrying drivers seem to agree, cue fire sales of England tat at all major retailers...

Yes, but take away optimism and what's left? Anyway what have you got against tat? Seems a nice tie in for England football.
  • Options
    The FA have decided what they actually want, the Premier League. All the rest of their talk about England and international success is hopeful hot air. As long as English football is a slave to the money making machine that is the Premier League, the national team are going nowhere.

Any organisation that employs Gareth Southgate with the expectation of winning anything is seriously barking up the wrong tree as well!
  • Options
    We all know what will happen after tonight's U21 final. If Portugal win; "we lost to the best team in the tournament and they beat Germany 5-0". If Sweden win; "well, we were only team to beat the winners". Either way the conclusion will be that we have no problem and will come good in the next tournament. Delusional
  • Options
    We find glory in defeat it's a huge contribution to why we don't breed winners
  • Options

I think a bigger contribution is made by the fact we're shit at football

• Options

Yes, but take away optimism and what's left? Anyway what have you got against tat? Seems a nice tie in for England football.
    Realism and pragmatism?
  • Options

I think a bigger contribution is made by the fact we're shit at football

Not shit just a wet fart nearly shit