Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    If you watch the video he deserves a ban for the way he goes down as well... Gets pushed away by Cavani, clutches his face and drops like I do of an evening when I'm sitting on the sofa
  • Options
    #shanter
  • Options
    Happened before to soccer am's Max Rusden.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The fella has been watching too many clips of Australian based Ex Rugby League player, John Hopoate.

Signing for the newly formed Wests Tigers in 2000 Hopoate brought both talent and experience to his new club, however his fortunes on the field did not change and he could only find the try line a total of five times during the season. He was suspended several times during the season, including being charged with 'contrary conduct' in a late season fixture against Melbourne resulting from over ten separate incidents in that single game.

2001 became the low point of Hopoate's career, he again began the season poorly scoring only one try in several appearances before causing international headlines after a regular season game against the North Queensland Cowboys where Hopoate had been inserting his fingers into the backsides of several players, allegedly in an attempt to unsettle and upset his opposition. After a long NRL judiciary case Hopoate was suspended for twelve weeks and then mutually agreed to part ways with the Tigers club.

During a 2001 clash with the Cowboys, Hopoate, in an attempt to unsettle several of his opponents, inserted his finger in three players' anuses, the first occurring during the seventh minute of play. At the conclusion of the match the matter was immediately referred to the rugby league judiciary where a case was put forward from both sides on 28 March.

Hopoate claimed in front of the panel of judges that he was simply attempting to give all three players "a wedgie" with his fingers, denying he had done anything wrong and that he was "a great believer in what happens on the field should stay there".

The three victims in the case, Cowboys players Glenn Morrison, Peter Jones and Paul Bowman all disagreed with the reasoning put forward by Hopoate and his team. Jones stated, "It wasn't a wedgie. That's when your pants are pulled up your arse. I think I know the difference between a wedgie and someone sticking their finger up my bum", while Bowman stated that he was "disgusted" and "couldn't believe it."

Hopoate subsequently was charged with unlawful sexual connection in relation to the incident.
  • Options
    This thread has the better title. Moderators should keep it at the top of the listing as I laugh every time I read it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Game should be replayed and offender should be banned for life. It was a serious sexual assault that has helped Chile progress in a tournament.
  • Options
    I wouldn't like to point the finger...but!
  • Options
    To be fair to Cavani he was pretty restrained. Can you imagine what Suarez would have done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Game should be replayed and offender should be banned for life. It was a serious sexual assault that has helped Chile progress in a tournament.

Fully agree. Also the Wimbledon Newcastle match in which Jones goosed Gazza's balls should be replayed.
  • Options
    I've never understood why the law doesn't seem to apply on the football pitch. If you stick your finger up someone's arse, or try to (without their consent), in any other situation, you'll be facing criminal charges for sexual assault. Likewise if you headbutt someone, or bite them for that matter, you'd expect to be arrested (especially if you did it in front of thousands of witnesses and on TV). Why do footballers never get arrested for it?
  • Options
    He'd have got away with it if he'd cut his fingernails before the game.
  • Options
    Solid defending that. Plugging the gap around the back.
  • Options
    Heard of giving someone the finger but not literally.
  • Options
    He is trying to do the guys a favour by applying haemorrhoid ointment.
  • Options

To be fair to Cavani he was pretty restrained. Can you imagine what Suarez would have done.

I bet he wouldn't have bitten his finger in retaliation.
  • Options
    We've had a few players over the years that I'd like to shove a boot up their arse...........