Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New home shirt

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

Very expensive for junior kits, got my 3 year old boy the smallest one available yesterday (xs), £76 for the whole kit with name on the back.

What a perverse world we live in. If I ever wanted to give my old man a coronary I should show him that post!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    DA9 said:

Very expensive for junior kits, got my 3 year old boy the smallest one available yesterday (xs), £76 for the whole kit with name on the back.

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson on the back at £2 a letter.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Was that a Nike one or Avec , usually the smaller ones are in Avec or is your 3 year old quite big
    Nike, avec not available yet
  • Options
    Looks a bit too "Boy's Own"/"Chariots of Fire" meets Alf Tupper etc. for me.
  • Options
    £2 a letter!!!!!! And there was me thinking that Watt was our most popular player. Turns out that he's just got the shortest name (sorry Morgan but that would be ridiculous!)
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

Looks a bit too "Boy's Own"/"Chariots of Fire" meets Alf Tupper etc. for me.

Loved the reference to 'Alf Tupper': The 'hard as nails runner', one of the most inspirational working class fictional cult heroes........Regarded as a "guttersnipe" by the posh blokes from the Amateur Athletic Association, he was at his best the day after a night on late shift, lifting heavy objects and getting little sleep. His journey to the track (often White City) almost invariably involved falling asleep on the train and missing his stop.
    Sometimes his tardiness was caused by skullduggery of the worst kind by "stuck-up" rich boys from a university somewhere, but usually it was because he could not stop himself from rescuing people in distress or just generally being a selfless chap. Regardless of this, he always got there in the nick of time and, having just finished his fish and chips, went on to win the championships or even, in "end of series" stories, break the world record for the mile and utter his famous catchphrase “I ran ‘em all!” ...... from Wicki

Comics in the late 50s, 60s were really looked down on by educationalist's and school's, which I thought was total nonsense..... I am sure the storylines would be frowned upon these days, but great reading and escapism for kid's like me in the post war, grey days of Great Britain. Can you imagine suggesting eating fish and chips before going for the mile record nowadays.?......great reference,
  • Options
    DA9 said:

That is very steep for a 3 year old. I recall they used to do the whole kit for a resoanable price 11 years ago when my son was 3.
  • Options

Best kit we've had in years. Red and white, simple.

I agree. I think I will buy one for myself... :-)

• Options

Likewise. First one I will have bought for a few years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What are the sizes like? I normally get a large but I know football shirt's a large normally means XL
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I checked the clubstore's site. Says any size from S to XXL.

http://addicks.clubstore.co.uk/ca-5578-ss-home-jsy-15-16-adult

Not being very slim myself "S" is out of the question form me :-)))
  • Options

Likewise. First one I will have bought for a few years.

... and will wear it on 24 October when I'll attend the Brentford game...
  • Options

XXL is out of the question for me :-((

• Options
    what's your size then if I may ask?
  • Options
    any word on the away kit?
  • Options
    Is it acceptable for a 35 (nearly 36) year old male to wear a replica shirt? Asking for a friend.....
  • Options
    #fullkitwanker
  • Options
    Are the sizes similar to the Nike shirts we've had over the last few years?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

XXL is out of the question for me :-((

what's your size then if I may ask?

more X's

I'll buy it no doubt.
  • Options
    So is it actually available to purchase now ?
  • Options
    Yeah. Ordered mine Friday, got it Saturday morning.
  • Options

£2 a letter!!!!!! And there was me thinking that Watt was our most popular player. Turns out that he's just got the shortest name (sorry Morgan but that would be ridiculous!)

Well we've got Ba as well now luckily
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Yeah. Ordered mine Friday, got it Saturday morning.

Nice1, is this our last year with NIke ? Not sure I can justify 50notes for 1 season
  • Options
    Hope it comes in Extra Long for big Simon!
  • Options

Hope it comes in Extra Long for big Simon!

And his Mrs...
  • Options
    Any idea when the kids kit will be available - aged 12 months?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Is it acceptable for a 35 (nearly 36) year old male to wear a replica shirt? Asking for a friend.....

Only if you wear the shorts and socks as well.
    Not forgetting shin pads and a captains arm band.
  • Options
    sorry not for me, don't like it at all. dull and boring lazy design.

much preferred last seasons a refreshing change and some imagination.