Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Geoff Thomas

Lovely bloke I'm sure. He's doing the Tour de France route again for his charity and he's roped in Lance Armstrong to ,and I use the term loosely,help him!
Fella wants his head reading!!

Comments

• My thoughts too, a total travesty that Armstrong is doing this
  • What a TDF rider or team member took drugs? Virenque lies for years calls others liars, then wins French Big Brother. Dave Brailsford doesn't like it, but is happy to be there for Millar when he's been arrested for EPO, whilst employing utterly tainted Rabobank doctor and test positive Yates.

Frankly ludicrous that riders, managers, and UCI President wants to 'move on' whilst Contador speeds up under TUEs and virtually every team has a former doper in management. So what Lance is there, cycling is fascinating and morally dubious. I want to see Eddy Mercx there every year, I love seeing documentaries on him, he loved doping, as did his son, oh and who did he bet on winning the Tour after his famous bonk? Yeah Flloyd Landis. I'm sure Axel told him how clean Floyd was, about as clean as the top 20 and their top domestiques in 2006.
  • stonemuse said:

My thoughts too, a total travesty that Armstrong is doing this

Yeah disgusting how he is raising money for charity.
  • MrOneLung said:

stonemuse said:

My thoughts too, a total travesty that Armstrong is doing this

Yeah disgusting how he is raising money for charity.
    Not quite the real underlying motive but each to their own
  • See - here's the thing about Armstrong. Absolutely everyone, bar maybe 2 percent of the peloton was doping - that's a given. The difference between him and the rest is that he was an absolute arse hole to anyone and everyone. He has shown no real remorse or attrition for it. Continues to try to control the narrative as much as he can. Look at what he did to Greg Lemond - absolutely ruined him.

The man is a complete c**t
  • Think I may have posted this before but back in 2013 I was at a company meeting where there was some US colleagues. late into the evening in the bar we started to discuss Sports Personality of the Year and saying that Bradley Wiggins deserved to win

an American colleague asked what "Sports Personality of the year" was and so my colleague from Liverpool explained.

the yank said "Shit is that the best you can do? who the hell is Bradley Wiggins?"

My colleague said "Have you heard of Lance Armstrong?"

Yes came the reply

"Well Bradley Wiggins is exactly like him except he's not a cheating c**t"

it went very quiet
  • No Geoff Thomas thread would be complete without this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUU0fSjXKCg
  • edited July 2015
    Read the Tour de France thread, I met Geoff Thomas on Monday night in Cambrai. He had literally just finished the cobble stage after 11 hours in the saddle.

Think they are wrong on the Lance scenario and will get turned over by the French media when they do Stage 15 with him. Seem slightly Niave to me...

Geoff was a lovely fella, called him a Palace C*** a few times and he took it well and gave a bit back "you borrowed our ground"! So thought he was fair play.

Ain't gonna knock anyone that gets off their arris and tries to help change people's lives.
  • Stig said:

No Geoff Thomas thread would be complete without this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUU0fSjXKCg

Ironically I was at that game and at the other end of the ground, so saw the full skew whiff....some talent that!