Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peculiar issue regarding timing and thread ordering (cache?)

edited July 2015 in Troubleshooting
CharltonLife seems to be running a bit slowly at the moment, but I presumed it was my work connection. However I've just replied to a thread but it hasn't risen to the top?

The time stamp has the time of a previous post (actually, one of the first posts in the thread), so I figured it may be a caching issue? Perhaps if there's performance issues the caching is a little more aggressive at the moment?

It's peculiar though because it does correctly have my username as the last poster on it though! Other posts from other users seem to still be rising to the top, even in the last 10 minutes or so.

Edit; Holy crap, I've just seen the pricing that vanillaforums has for their hosted packages. that's nasty. Major respect for the admins dumping that kind of cash in to what is essentially a hobby.

It's probably cheaper to throw up an instance on Amazon and scale it depending upon traffic. Cheaper in the summer and pay as you go during season. More reliable to boot; no support or managed upgrades I guess. It's ashame when an Open Source project makes it cheaper to roll your own though.

Comments

• Was a pretty bone thread. Maybe it was the forums way of saying 'let it go'.
  • Probably been sunk. Either that or your comments aren't interesting enough ;)
  • Talal said:

Probably been sunk. Either that or your comments aren't interesting enough ;)

Haha, I'll go for the first option. ;)

I've never seen it before, so I looked around the VanillaForums website and saw that you can sink threads. That definitely explains it, that's quite a nifty feature!
  • It used to have 'sink' written by the title but for some reason that's been gone for a while now.
  • Talal said:

It used to have 'sink' written by the title but for some reason that's been gone for a while now.

The clique are clearly getting more secretive ;)
  • I PM'd AFKA about the same issue yesterday when I posted in the "I come in peace!! Quick question for you" thread.

I posted to it and it stayed languishing down the pages.

No reply from AFKA on it yet.
  • I PM'd AFKA about the same issue yesterday when I posted in the "I come in peace!! Quick question for you" thread.

I think he was pissed last night, in the garden

It was sunk. So you can still post, but the thread will stay where it is.
  • Thanks.....is there any way to tell that it has been sunk? I'm using mobile version.

• Thanks.....is there any way to tell that it has been sunk? I'm using mobile version.

The thread won't move to the top when you post...
  • Sponsored links:

• Apologies Suede, I've a whole host of emails and inboxes to respond to. Severely limited downtime at mo. Will try and get back tonight mate all being well
  • No worries mate.

It's been answered above already (I think)