Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I hate cricket...

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015

The majority, at The Oval, on a T20, Friday night, are not watching cricket.

The majority are pissed and more interested in plastic beer glass stacking, whilst the stewards, attempt to stop this.

Yeah I took my dad to the Kent Surrey game at the oval as a bday present a few years back as I support Kent he supports Surrey. It was shit, no one was there to watch the cricket and Surrey got smashed so my dad was miserable the whole time (although that is actually pretty normal).
  • Options
    T20 is good for kids
  • Options

Off to Hove tonight to see the league leaders smash Kent.

Kent are hammering 'em. :-)
  • Options

I hope Meuseurs Northeast, Billings, Blake and Stevens have something to say about that...
    And indeed they did !

Err, top of the league, thai malaysia addick ?

• Options

I hope Meuseurs Northeast, Billings, Blake and Stevens have something to say about that...
    And indeed they did !

Err, top of the league, thai malaysia addick ?

I don't like things too easy. Come on, supporting Charlton has taught us that!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Went last night - great 'vibe' as my daughter said. Poor game, but seems most of games involving Surrey this season are poor.
    Most of my amusement this time comes from how people can get so smashed on ...........................Carling ??!!
  • Options

Went last night - great 'vibe' as my daughter said. Poor game, but seems most of games involving Surrey this season are poor.
    Most of my amusement this time comes from how people can get so smashed on ...........................Carling ??!!

I don't go to many T20 games; I prefer 4-day county games by a huge margin. However, in my limited experience of T20 games, they either seem to be very exciting or dire with not much in between.
  • Options

Damned good point that Mr President. I guess it involves something called pre-loading or smuggling in hip flasks.
  • Options
    After going to the Surrey Kent T20 game a couple of weeks ago it amazed me how few people were watching the game. They were more interested in stacking plastic glasses together. Why spend over twenty quid on a ticket and not watch the game?
  • Options

How's that working out for you? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015

How's that working out for you? ;-)
    Supporting Sussex is a bit like supporting Charlton so no surprises for me at all.

Not that T20 cricket bears any resemblance to proper county cricket, I thought Kent looked a decent, well drilled side. I can't understand why they are doing so poorly in the County Championship.
  • Options
    Surrey destroyed middlesex.

The game was mildly entertaining but was jazzed up like baseball baseball.

I had a great time but was fairly sloshed on the Stowford by the time the game was up.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

After going to the Surrey Kent T20 game a couple of weeks ago it amazed me how few people were watching the game. They were more interested in stacking plastic glasses together. Why spend over twenty quid on a ticket and not watch the game?

Feed the snake and you will see... Or drink more...

• Options
    How did I pay over a tenner for a burger and chips combo?

Basically £60 got me 9 ciders and the above combo.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

How did I pay over a tenner for a burger and chips combo?

Basically £60 got me 9 ciders and the above combo.

But how many chips, Dazzler ?