Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spiders.

Spiders.
Do you ignore them?
Put them out the window?
Kill them?
Flush them away if in the sink or bath or bog?
Run and hide hoping it sorts itself out?
Get somebody else to deal with it?
Keep them as a pet?
Eat them?
Other response?

Mine is out the window, or I admit to washing them down the sink I'm sorry to say.

Comments

• Options
    Depends on size. Small ones are ignored. Medium sized ones go out of door or window. Big ones flushed away or ignored.
  • Options
    Out the door/window mostly. Small ones ignored unless in the kitchen.
  • Options
    I have taken the largest down the road in the past. Take no chances!
  • Options
    Eat them mostly. Very efficient source of protein.
  • Options
    Aerosol and lighter for the bigger fuckers, small get ignored, medium get caught and thrown
  • Options
    They all get the size 9 treatment.
  • Options
    Beautiful creatures. I feel honoured when I see them.
  • Options
    Put them outside if possible, got two cats so don't see too many spiders around these days.
  • Options
    red10 said:

Put them outside if possible, got two cats so don't see too many spiders around these days.

Yeah same, occasionally I'm made aware of one of the beasts being devoured by a cute puss cat. The humour starts when they still have wriggling legs poking out of their mouths

I'm more of an appreciater of arachnids. They get left alone or if in danger of being eaten by a cat get picked up and set free
  • Options
    yoost to hate them but after spending time in a cloud forest in equator, size of dinner plates, don't mind to much.

put them outside now, could never kill them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RobRob
    edited July 2015
    I don't like them but I don't like killing 'em. Leave the little ones but the big ones usually end up gently being flushed down the toilet. Can they swim?
  • Options
    Ignore them. Occasionally put them outside (alive)
  • Options
    Spiders in the UK are much bigger than here in the Canadian Rockies. Mind you the bears are much bigger here than the ones back home!!
  • Options
    guess it depends on where you live...
  • Options
    For those of you that like them, it's worth remembering that putting them outside can be a death sentence. 95% of house spiders have never been outside, they aren't adapted for it.
  • Options
    I can't look at them. It took me ages just to open this thread and scroll past pictures very quickly. When I find one in my way, I attack it with a Flash Power Mop but I take my glasses off so I can't see it.

If I can't mop it, someone else has to take care of it. Even if it's 2am and there's one on the stairs, and in order to get to bed I have to wake my girlfriend up to remove it. Which happened at the weekend.
  • Options
    proper spider phobia me, I can squash them (but only recently)
  • Options
    I think I read something about girls and boys being equally scared or not scared of spiders until puberty, after which girls become more scared than boys. It might even have been work by Sigmund Freud who related the fear to the growth of pubic hair, and linked the fear to discomfort about sexuality!
  • Options
    Used to club them to death with the Radio Times but since viewing television schedules on line have upgraded to the Dyson or Vax. Now that is progress for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

I think I read something about girls and boys being equally scared or not scared of spiders until puberty, after which girls become more scared than boys. It might even have been work by Sigmund Freud who related the fear to the growth of pubic hair, and linked the fear to discomfort about sexuality!

But only if they have their pubes plaited into a set of eight dreadlocks ;-)
  • Options
    Stig said:

For those of you that like them, it's worth remembering that putting them outside can be a death sentence. 95% of house spiders have never been outside, they aren't adapted for it.

I always make sure they've got a coat on before I put them out.
  • Options
    Feed them to my very vicious and ultimately dangerous Grass Snake
  • Options
    seth plum said:

You either did or didn't read it LOL!

• Options
    When you get as old as me thinking and remembering, and indeed day to day existence, melds into a morass of confusion!
  • Options
    I put them in the microwave, only for about 1 or 2 seconds, the plan is that that annoys them no end, then I put my finger close to their mouth so they bite me and I then turn into Spiderman.......its not worked..........yet!
  • Options
    I collect them in a jar then when I have enough I gas them to death then put them between a couple of slices of bread.

They go well with a bit of brown sauce (HP of course) or sometimes as a special treat a bit of BBQ sauce.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

i try to treat transgender, gay, lesbian or bi-sexual spiders all the same by luring them into a cup and releasing them at the bottom of the garden.
  • Options
    It depends on the situation.

If I'm downstairs they get the old sheet of paper under a cup treatment, I wonder to the back door and then hurl them into the garden. Having seen enough of Spiderman I know they are able to shoot a web up to the nearest tree or plant to halter a rapid and deadly decent.

If I'm in the shower then they will be attacked by the hose, flush the bugger down the drain. Having learnt from the childhood nursery rhyme Incy Wincy Spider I know that they they have the ability to climb up the spout again, which I feel is character building.

If I am upstairs then they will be pummeled with the nearest object. Nothing comes into my bedroom without a proper invitation*

*Nothing comes into my bedroom ever
  • Options

It depends on the situation.

*Nothing comes into my bedroom ever

This is a CL announcement. @DaveMehmet to this post please, DaveMehmet to this post. Thank you.

** Innuendo incoming **