Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And you thought England performed badly

If you thought England performed badly at tournaments, spare a thought for Micronesia at the Pacific games.

v Tahiti, lost 0-30
v Fiji, lost 0-38
v Vanuatu, lost 0-46

http://news.sky.com/story/1514606/worst-footie-team-ever-micronesia-lose-46-0

Comments

• Options

Vanuatu now likely to move above Spain in next month's FIFA Rankings.

Lol!
  • Options
    Fiji have always been cheating bastards, and there were brown envelopes in the officials changing room allegedly.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Unfortunately for American Samoa, they still hold the official World Record defeat... Micronesia arent recognised by FIFA so these three defeats dont count in their eyes

Although feel sorry for them in the picture on the above link, they've all got their heads bowed not for the National Anthem but they're all thinking: "God I really dont want to be here, please dont let it happen again"
  • Options
    I thought a Scottish cup game finished 36-0 and that was the record?
  • Options
    Micronesia is a former American colony with a really small population (less than a London borough sort of thing). Had they played baseball, they might have had a chance I guess. Mind you, apart from Tahiti, most Pacific island football teams would struggle to beat any team in Europe, even Gibraltar.
  • Options
    I heard a lot of the Micronesia team only started playing football 2 years ago
  • Options
    Vanuatu are current champions of the Wantok Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair they were up against it from the start. In the first picture their number 9 looks like he doesn't have a head
  • Options
    Same old Vanuatu. Always cheating.
  • Options

In all fairness, my mate supports Vanuatu and he reckons they they are quality.

He says they have a number of players that we should be looking at :)

I think i sit next to your mate at work
  • Options
    Micronesia is largely made up of a string of pretty small islands. It is just about conceivable that they don't even have enough land for a football pitch. Good on 'em for getting involved, albeit the distinction between player and spectator seems to have been lost on them.
  • Options
    Shag said:

The scoreline does nt tell the full story in the Tahiti game , the first goal everyone had pushed up for a corner and they scored on the break so then they're up against it . The 5th goal was at least a mile offside and the 22nd goal there was a blatant handball in the build up

Women officials again I expect

• Options
    Great docu film about American Samoa - First Goal Wins - shouldn't be to hard to get on video from ebay.