Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Air fryers - any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    We still use those big old fashioned box shaped things with a door that we called an oven.
    Not sure how much cooking you do, but a fryer and over do different things
    Gordon Ramsey here. If I put chicken in the oven without any oil what does an air fryer do different to the oven? You You can't fry battered fish in an air fryer any more than you can in an oven, the batter would just run off before it set, you can only coat it with a dry mix like breadcrumbs.
    Tbh I'm not sure why I care enough to be posting here lol
    I was just looking for an argument :smile:
    No you weren't
  • Options
    Have a ninja foodi and it's awesome 
  • Options
    Where are you ninja owners finding the recipes ?
    Yeah I realise this seems a daft question these days but I’ve checked out some books on Amazon and the reviews are not impressive. Written for American market rather than ours. Just wondered what I’m missing ?
  • Options
    edited May 2022

• Options
    This is the one we bought

The BIG Metric Ninja Foodi Cookbook: Over 100 recipes using European measurements

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Chizz said:
    We still use those big old fashioned box shaped things with a door that we called an oven.
    Gordon Ramsey here. If I put chicken in the oven without any oil what does an air fryer do different to the oven? You You can't fry battered fish in an air fryer any more than you can in an oven, the batter would just run off before it set, you can only coat it with a dry mix like breadcrumbs.
    I was just looking for an argument :smile:.
    No you weren't
    Was it the Five minute argument or the full half hour?
  • Options
    Got one of these, which is basically the Ninja for half the price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daewoo-Fryer-Double-Cooking-Functions/dp/B09Q93K4F8 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Got one of these, which is basically the Ninja for half the price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daewoo-Fryer-Double-Cooking-Functions/dp/B09Q93K4F8 
    that'll be the Daewoo
  • Options
    Got the dual tray ninja today. Wife cooked some chips to get the hang of it. Not very adventurous but a success nonetheless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The the Ninja is great. Still not used all the settings yet but I will do 
  • Options
    Costco £40 bloody good 
  • Options
    Could be the hottest signing of the summer.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I was just looking for an argument :smile:
    No you weren't
    I’ll think you’ll find he was. 
  • Options
    Vocal air fryer…😉
  • Options
    So picking up my Ninja tomorrow?
    How are people getting on with them? Heard good things hence me buying one..
    Any recipe do''s and don'ts?
  • Options
    You can get a lot of ideas on Youtube
  • Options
    edited March 13
    Got this one, barely use the oven now (at the most sunday roast), all other foods chips, jackets, pies, readymeals, etc cooked in the air fryer in 20 mins or so. Very impressed. Recommend the two zones so you can cook different meals at the same time.
  • Options
    Wife swears by the ninja, I think she might be encouraging it to give me a kick in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a few NInja bits including the BBQ smoker. Can't fault any of them
  • Options
    Got a 15-1 as well as a duel, not touched the oven for two years.
    Sunday dinner cooked in an hour what’s not to like.
    It taught me how to cook 😉
  • Options
    Son stayed over at a mates last night & came back saying we need to get one. I had thought of getting one just before xmas in the Black Friday sales but left it too late.  

What's everyone suggesting....a Ninja or something else ?  And at what cost ?  The Black Friday deal was reduction from £229 down to £179. 
  • Options
    Not only is fried air delicious, it's also very low in calories
  • Options
    Definitely get a twin draw air fryer.
  • Options
    Son stayed over at a mates last night & came back saying we need to get one. I had thought of getting one just before xmas in the Black Friday sales but left it too late.  

What's everyone suggesting....a Ninja or something else ?  And at what cost ?  The Black Friday deal was reduction from £229 down to £179. 
    If you can do it I’d suggest the 15-1 it does everything and is sizeable if you have guests.
    It Pressure cooks as well as airfryer and everything in between. 
  • Options
    edited March 13

The Ninja 9L dual drawer was back down to £179 at Currys when I ordered it the other day. Plus another 10%. Off if you trade in any old appliance that you have gathering dust. I get discounts at Currys through work plus went through Quidco so got it for just over £140
  • Options
    We got a instant vortex twin drawer back in Feb last year...oven...what oven?? Cooks food so much faster and at half the price of running a conventional oven...no brainer.
  • Options
    edited March 13
    My girlfriends microwave broke, so i bought her a 26ltr microwave/air fryer combi. It's a little larger than a regular microwave, big enough to air fry a whole large chicken (not that we have).

I'd recommend if you need a new microwave, £200.

https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/salter-26l-air-fryer-microwave-oven?cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=17724362627&cq_term=&cq_plac=&cq_net=x&cq_plt=gp&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwncWvBhD_ARIsAEb2HW_zo6dj4qZw6fxA_8xLnmUr9Q52s7vCb7PSyxh7Ac2PfJA3vuCEE2QaAgEbEALw_wcB
  • Options
    An air ‘fryer’ is just a small oven.