Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

1353637383941»

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    Isn't McGregor supposed to be fighting Chandler in June?
    What he says after several lines of coke and a load of shit whiskey probably isn't the most reliable source. 

https://www.mmamania.com/2024/1/21/24045907/dana-white-says-no-to-conor-mcgregor-fighting-in-june

He's having too much fun boxing old men in pubs to risk his reputation fighting Chandler who would undoubtedly fold him in half. 

Chandler's who I feel sorry for as his career is being kept on hold, chasing a massive payday which most people can see will never come. 
    McGregor v Chandler officially announced for UFC 303 on 29 June.
    I am as shocked as I am excited. I take it all back!
    Seems you might have been right after all. McGregor's camp pulled the Dublin press conference at the last minute with no reason given, ESPN removed the PPV link from their website and now Chandler has implied the fight is off by announcing on his social media that he has left his training camp and gone home.

Still no official word though, but doesn't look like it'll happen.
    Yeah I am surprised (if it is called off) because I didn't think he'd do it this late...

This isn't a "I told you so" aimed at you at all, but I really did mean it when I said he wouldn't want to fight Chandler, if anyone at all. He'll fight at best a couple of mid level gatekeepers and then Jake Paul, then it'll be booze, cocaine, social media, and boxing old men in pubs.

Living his best life. 
  • Options
    Calling off the press conference is strange. A chance for him to talk without taking any damage in his home city. I wouldn't have watched it as the Floyd Mayweather tour was some of the most cringey thing i've ever seen on television!

Does hint the fight won't happen. Conor's a piece of shit. Not sure where this leaves Chandler.
  • Options
    So then today McGregor posted a bunch of training video clips. So are we to assume the fight is still on? No one knows.
  • Options
    From what I'm reading/seeing it looks like it is back on. The advertising is rolling again for starters...

Rumours are split 50/50 between some brinkmanship from McGregor on getting more cash for the fight after Tomato face was bragging about record gates etc, and that there was a superficial injury to one of the fighters that would have been seen at the press conference but the UFC wizard doctors can patch up easily. 

Either way we have no real clue, but I'm leaning more towards it being on. 
  • Options
    Eddie Hall won his 2 on 1 midget mma match. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C77ggbTNbx0/?igsh=Z3Z1M3BoMjFzMWNm

The world is a simulation. I died during covid. 😐
  • Options
    Eddie Hall won his 2 on 1 midget mma match. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C77ggbTNbx0/?igsh=Z3Z1M3BoMjFzMWNm

The world is a simulation. I died during covid. 😐
    What the fuck have I just watched  :D that is as hilarious as it is unfair. 
  • Options
    The sort of thing you would see in Russia. No Idea how it got sanctioned here. He could have caused serious damage with that big right.
  • Options
    Legalised assault!
  • Options
    That's a serious punch to KO the guy. Wonder how much those two poor sods got paid for that?
  • Options
    That's a serious punch to KO the guy. Wonder how much those two poor sods got paid for that?
    A figure not worth risking permanent brain damage for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    UFC have again turn a negative into a positive. 

Chandler V McGregor and Hill V Ulberg have been switched to (the better IMO) Prochazka V Pereira & Ortega V Lopes.

Ulberg is now taking on Anthony Smith so what is Chandler's next move? He hasn't fought since November '22 and has been messed about waiting for the red pantie night. Would he risk it for a Max Holloway fight at Lightweight? Probably not.

• Options

Chandler V McGregor and Hill V Ulberg have been switched to (the better IMO) Prochazka V Pereira & Ortega V Lopes.

Ulberg is now taking on Anthony Smith so what is Chandler's next move? He hasn't fought since November '22 and has been messed about waiting for the red pantie night. Would he risk it for a Max Holloway fight at Lightweight? Probably not.

Really feel for Chandler, he has been unbelievably messed around like you said. Waiting a long time for that red pantie night which might never come. Also the fans that bought tickets and PPVs in-between the cancelled press conference and when it was formally called off have been mugged off too. Uncle Dana really is a piece of shit in so so many ways, I don't know why I still love him, his wife probably thinks the same...

Pereira is Dana White's emergency escape button I swear he's done this loads of times now!!! Pereira v Prochazka is going to be a fantastic fight in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Really feel for Chandler, he has been unbelievably messed around like you said. Waiting a long time for that red pantie night which might never come. Also the fans that bought tickets and PPVs in-between the cancelled press conference and when it was formally called off have been mugged off too. Uncle Dana really is a piece of shit in so so many ways, I don't know why I still love him, his wife probably thinks the same...

Pereira is Dana White's emergency escape button I swear he's done this loads of times now!!! Pereira v Prochazka is going to be a fantastic fight in my opinion. 
    I nearly spit my coffee out at 'I don't know why I still love him'! 

Shame that MVP V Garry is no longer on a Conor card when the Manchester PPV is just around the corner. If that wasn't on a silly o'clock I would have looked into going.