Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Star Plumstead Common.

Comments

• Options
    There was stuff on twitter after the change of running the place that talked about their delight in getting rid of all the Charlton stuff.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    seth plum said:

Is this him?

Oh no it isn't!

This thread is turning into a pantomime.

Oh yes it is
  • Options
    I'll give it a swerve I think.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    iainment said:

I went there for the first time since Brian gave it over to the new manager this evening. I was there from about 6.30 until closing time with my partner.
    We drank about 5 pints each. At the end of the evening we were joined at our table by someone we didn't know. He introduced himself to us and then began to drink out of a can he brought in.
    The staff came over and told him and us off.
    As we left the owner came up to us and was verbally abusive to me as I had earrings and was thus a sad case and then racially abused my Irish partner. His behaviour was deranged.
    He told us in no uncertain terms he didn't want the types who used to drink there anymore. Apparently we are losers and not good enough to be in his pub please if you are drinking around Plumstead Common go to the Mill or the Ship, he has no concept of customer care or how to grow a business.
    And he doesn't like Charlton.

How did he know you had earrings? Did they leave a mark?
  • Options
    I'm trying to bite my tongue but I think the new landlord is a loon.

Don't any of you use my name or initial as I'll be barred. Be on my side .. Bitches!
  • Options
    That has made me chuckle Peter wally.
  • Options
    special place kisses
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

That has made me chuckle Peter wally.

Careful Jacqui...he'll just check for any chucklers now!!! :star:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets hope The Star sells more than 14 chips a portion...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

He should take lessons from Chirpy on how to offer customers a warm welcome

I think he already has!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options

mart77, said; "There was stuff on twitter after the change of running the place that talked about their delight in getting rid of all the Charlton stuff."

I said; "Is he Wall then?"

*Seeing as me quote button ain't farkin workin Ffs
  • Options

mart77, said; "There was stuff on twitter after the change of running the place that talked about their delight in getting rid of all the Charlton stuff."

I said; "Is he Wall then?"

*Seeing as me quote button ain't farkin workin Ffs
  • Options
    Gooner I think. Wannabe comedian apparently
  • Options
    Yeah think you're right Afka. I came across the twitter stuff by chance and remember thinking the new lot sounded like a-holes but wouldn't drink there anyway so ignored it. Ultimately people will vote with their feet.
  • Options

Gooner I think. Wannabe comedian apparently

Jeez...another one!! :wink:
  • Options
    Actually I've been following all their stuff from the beginning and I don't remember them saying that about the Charlton stuff. Far from it.

But... Apart from that. Loon.
  • Options
    Obviously a pupil from the Arthur Pringle school of pub landlords....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Easy Tiger......
  • Options
    If he is a gooner, which I believe he is, I wonder if he'll make it some kind of Arsenal shrine. The Star was where the Woolwich Arsenal team used to change when they played on Plumstead Common. Given that they had three grounds in Plumstead it is remarkable there's nothing to mark there time there, before they defected north.

Still, it's sad to lose a solid Charlton pub.

• Options
    Apparently he is a comedian on the Comedy Club circuit and he intends to have something similar at the Star in the future although I understand that the hall upstairs can only accommodate about 40 people .
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Easy Tiger......
    Riv - how do you deal with these earring types in your place?
  • Options

Riviera said:

Easy Tiger......
    Riv - how do you deal with these earring types in your place?
    he is fine with them as long as they aren't clip on
  • Options
    Another interesting fact is that the owner decided to re-launch The Star on the weekend that The Old Mill were hosting a 2-day charity "bandfest" in aid of a military charity (SSAFA). I gather the timing was intentional and, as a member of one of the bands performing there, I won't be visiting The Star anytime soon.
  • Options
    Sod the star let's head to the bull instead .
  • Options
    I'll be in the Bull in Woolwich on Saturday for the Munster final. Kerry v Cork.
    Up the Kingdom!
  • Options
    iainment said:

I'll be in the Bull in Woolwich on Saturday for the Munster final. Kerry v Cork.
    Up the Kingdom!

Dont take your own Caffreys in mate
  • Options

iainment said:

Up the Kingdom!

Dont take your own Caffreys in mate
    I never take beer in! As you would know from my previous post. Although I'm now told by my partner we're going to The Kingdom in Kilburn. Ciarrai Abu!