Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dulwich Hamlet v Charlton XI (2-3, Wiggins injured)

From Dulwich Hamlet's site:
Looks like be a tougher prospect than first imagined for the Hamlet this weekend with a number of first teamers in the expected squad.

Originally billed as a Charlton Development (U21) squad for this Saturday's friendly at Champion Hill, the Addicks have informed us that a number of first team regulars will be travelling back early and will take part in the game. These include club captain Johnnie Jackson as well as Stephen Henderson, Dimitar Mitov, Chris Solly, Rhoys Wiggins and Tareiq Holmes-Dennis.

The game kicks off at 3.00pm and usual admission prices apply (cash on the gate). Its going to be popular so make sure you get there early to beat the queues!
It's £10 (£4 concessions, under-12s free).

Comments

• Options
    This Saturday is a long awaited reunion for me, I wish I could get to Champion Hill but never mind. I recommend the day out, always enjoy myself going there.
  • Options
    Dimitar Mitov is a first team regular? News to me!
  • Options
    I wonder why Henderson & Solly have left the Belgian tour early ?
  • Options
    edited July 2015

And THD...( who I rate highly) but has he even played for our first team, ever?
    Poor research from DHFC.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

And THD...( who I rate highly) but has he even played for our first team, ever?
    Poor research from DHFC.
    Not really

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 3h3 hours ago
    Sint Truiden have a 3G pitch. Charlton taking no risks with players that might have issues or increase risk of injury by playing on it.
    View conversation 1 retweet 3 favorites
    Reply Retweet1 Favorite3
    More
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 3h3 hours ago
    Stephen Henderson, Rhoys Wiggins, Chris Solly, Johnnie Jackson and Tareiq Holmes-Dennis all set to play for Charlton at Dulwich on Saturday.
  • Options
    I wonder what prevents Henderson and THD playing on a 3G pitch? And Wiggins? Are they tough on metatarsals? But surely tough on achilles so why no Vetokele at DH?
  • Options
    Must say Igor staying surprises me (but in a positive way if it is an indication that his prognosis is good).
  • Options

Must say Igor staying surprises me (but in a positive way if it is an indication that his prognosis is good).

Sorry to piss on your parade, but my feeling is he won't play in either game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But played last night?
  • Options

But played last night?
    He's being nursed back imo. I was surprised he played 45mins last night. Wasn't expecting him to be seen till Dagenham or Southend.

If he plays on Saturday on a rock hard 3g pitch it seems a big risk.
  • Options
    Get to London a few days late to see my former local team against the mighty Addicks. I wonder if Bikey will get a run-out as he's training with the youngsters?
  • Options
    I thought Holmes-Dennis was still an Under 21.

Must be mistaken.
  • Options
    Wish I could go. Everything about going to Champion Hill is amusing, right down to the queue that takes you through a car wash.
  • Options
    It begs the question why we are playing in Belgium on a surface that 4/5 of the first team squad won't be risked on and won't play a first team game on this season (Unless Maidstone reach the 3rd round of the FA Cup).

A win win though for anyone going to Dog Kennel Hill this afternoon.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

It begs the question why we are playing in Belgium on a surface that 4/5 of the first team squad won't be risked on and won't play a first team game on this season (Unless Maidstone reach the 3rd round of the FA Cup).

Networking innit.

it saves RD a few sovs.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Sutton United also now have a plastic pitch. I can see man more clubs going down that route as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diarra and Vetokele have also left Belgium and likely to appear at Dulwich later.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-sint-truiden-pre-season-friendly-preview-2553255.aspx
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Diarra and Vetokele have also left Belgium and likely to appear at Dulwich later.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-sint-truiden-pre-season-friendly-preview-2553255.aspx

Presumably they'll start to get more minutes from today. Sending a group back to play in another game gives more players a chance to play longer than 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Surely it would be better to keep the first team together and get the youngsters to play at Dulwich. Our squad is so small at present our first team squad would easily get more than 45 mins if Luzon wants to use them.

It's just plain daft organising a 1st team friendly when 6 of the first team can't be risked on the surface the opposition play on and we won't have to play on again this season. Coupled with the Chievo game being called off it's not been plain sailing this pre season.
  • Options
    The Belgium trip is fine. It's being used as a bonding session as much as anything and to inject a bit of fitness. The make-up of the teams at St Truiden and Dulwich aren't too important because there will be new signings that appear soon to change team shape. It's just a precaution to send certain players to Dulwich and I think it's good that so many players, young and old, will get the chance to play for the club today.

A group of us went to Dulwich last Saturday when they played Altona (from Hamburg). Dulwich played mainly kids and trialists in the first half and found themselves 0-5 down! They put on a lot more 1st XI in the 2nd half and it finished 3-5. Look out for Albert Jarrett, who can play on either left or right wing. He can be dangerous.

PS: Attendance was 764 for the Altona match, which included about 100 Germans. Perhaps today there will be about 1,200.
  • Options
    can't believe my two teams are playing today and I cant go
  • Options
    I was at the Altona match too, though arrived late and missed the first three Altona goals (!). Amazing crowd for a pre-season friendly - the fans have a link with the German club's fans, and are raising money for DHFC to visit Hamburg in 2018, when both clubs will be 125 years old. Dulwich also beat Dagenham & Redbridge on Tuesday night.

As mentioned here a few times before, Dulwich are a good team to watch - there's elements of Curbs in manager Gavin Rose, particularly his stubbornness, but it's all worked out brilliantly for him so far. As well as Albert Jarrett, would also watch out for Ashley Carew too.

Looking like a brilliant day for it - remember you can have a drink while watching the match there. Suspect a lot of Dulwich fans will be going to/from the Lambeth Country Show in Brockwell Park too
  • Options
    Are Jarrett and Carew both ex-barnet?
  • Options

I wonder what prevents Henderson and THD playing on a 3G pitch? And Wiggins? Are they tough on metatarsals? But surely tough on achilles so why no Vetokele at DH?

Henderson has had shoulder trouble. Wiggins toe problems. Solly we all know about his knee.

A 3g pitch is rock hard. Its not rocket science.

Tinpot club with their 3g pitch. Everyone knows it's all about 4g these days.
  • Options

Are Jarrett and Carew both ex-barnet?

Yup. Jarrett's also ex-Bromley, Carew ex-Ebbsfleet.