Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goal Scoring Rate .. Best for Charlton ?

What would you say is a good goal scoring rate for striker and midfield ? Top goal scoring rate for Charlton ?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    4 and seven eighths
  • Options
    Strikers: Ralph Allen in the thirties - 32 in 28 (I think); Killer in '76 (16 in 16 before being sold).
    Wide Midfield: can be anything between 10 and 20 a season. 15 is good.
    Centre Midfield: Anywhere between 8 and 12 a season is good for us. Bowyer was excellent (15 in '96 was it?)
  • Options
    so JBG 11 goals in 37 games is on the good side
  • Options

Yes!!!!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Strikers: Ralph Allen in the thirties - 32 in 28 (I think); Killer in '76 (16 in 16 before being sold).
    Centre Midfield: Anywhere between 8 and 12 a season is good for us. Bowyer was excellent (15 in '96 was it?)

10 and 20 a season?! that is very optimistic. Our strikers often don't get more than 10 - in the last 20 odd years I reckon only Bowyer, Jackson and Jase got to double figures. Maybe Graham Stuart?
  • Options
    I would say a decent rate for a striker would be 17 to 22 and that would be for a club right at the top end of the table .. Last season Tractor Boy Murphy was the top champ scorer with 27 .. he had an exceptional season .. Hornet Deeney and Dusty Blackburn Rhodes were next with 21 .. for a midfielder/winger ? .. somewhere around 12 to 15, but you'd need two doing that to get anywhere .. the mark of a good team is when the goals are spread around .. BUT .. no good scoring lots if the defence is as porous as a colander ..
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

10 and 20 a season?! that is very optimistic. Our strikers often don't get more than 10 - in the last 20 odd years I reckon only Bowyer, Jackson and Jase got to double figures. Maybe Graham Stuart?
    Well it depends what sort of wide player you are...Jacko in league one got well into double figures, as did JBG last season. In past years, Johnny Summers would often score you 20 a season from the wing, as would some other stalwarts of bygone days (Hirst for instance). Stockholmaddick asked what was a good scoring rate - I gave my opinion on what is good, not what they actually do each season
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Yes!!!!
    Buyens taking penalties stopped JBG scoring a lot more. Could have been a very good tally .
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Pedro45 said:

Well it depends what sort of wide player you are...Jacko in league one got well into double figures, as did JBG last season. In past years, Johnny Summers would often score you 20 a season from the wing, as would some other stalwarts of bygone days (Hirst for instance). Stockholmaddick asked what was a good scoring rate - I gave my opinion on what is good, not what they actually do each season

JBG 11 - Well into double figures?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pedro45 said:

Yes!!!!
    Buyens taking penalties stopped JBG scoring a lot more. Could have been a very good tally .
    What a bizarre comment
  • Options
    Rule of thumb is generally 1 in 3 for striker and 1 in 5 for a midfielder.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Stone said:

I would say 1 in 2 for a quality striker.............have a look at Jimmy Greaves & Cloughie's records. Alan Shearer is probably closest in the era.

our best over the past 40 years (since I've been watching) has been Killer, Mendonca & Benty - with BWP & Andy Hunt coming close but only over a short period of time.
  • Options
    I think anything above 20 is decent for a striker and 7 for a midfielder. I think a centre half should be looking at 2.
  • Options
    'Kashi joined Metz from LB Chateauroux in 2012 and scored one goal in 86 outings during his time at the club; .. so don't expect too much/too many from Ahmed
  • Options
    Pretty sure Johnny Robinson broke 10 goals on at least one occasion. Kins as well maybe?
  • Options
    Anyway back to the question. What is best goal scoring rate for charlton with say minimum 20 goals. Reckon shirty would know.
  • Options
    I guess depends on time on pitch as Jordan Cousins 86 games 5 goals looks a low return but as with any younger player there must be a high % of coming on as a sub for a few minutes.

• Options
    Stone said:

5 in 1 for Lionel Messi !
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Pedro45 said:

JBG last season and Wagstaff in 2010/11.

Nicky Bailey as well before that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has to be Steve Stacey - 1 game 1 goal.

Others of note:

Hans Jeppson - 9 from 11
    Alan Hart - 2 from 3
    Jim Fryatt 3 from 5
    Johnny Summers 100 from 171
    Eddie Firmani 88 from 165
    Danny N'Guessan 4 from 7
    Alan Simonsen 9 from 16