Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship Away Ticket prices 2015/16

edited July 2015 in General Charlton
Thread throughout the season to discuss away ticket prices.

Derby are charging us £27 adults, £19 Over 65s, £15 U18s

Seen that Bristol City will be charging away fans either £20 (silver) £25 (gold), so suspect being on Boxing Day it will be the higher price.

Notts Forest are charging Rotherham fans the following:

Adult: £30
Senior 65 and over: £22
Under 18: £16
Under 12: £8

Sheffield Wednesday are charging Bristol City fans a ridiculous £39 on the opening day of the season. Absolutely disgusting.

Adults - £39, 65 & Over - £29, Under-17 - £21, Under-11 - £17

Comments

• Options
    £39 is disgraceful
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how many Brizzle will pay that.
  • Options
    What about Ipswich... They've always had ridiculous ticket prices
  • Options
    £39 is an absolute disgrace
  • Options

What about Ipswich... They've always had ridiculous ticket prices

http://www.itfc.co.uk/documents/1516-price-plan-all-grades37-2483952.pdf
  • Options
    read the other day that Blackpool are charging Rochdale £25
  • Options
    No doubt L**ds will be charging silly money to visit their toxic dump.
  • Options
    Not that it effects me. But rather cheeky that most of the clubs in the league have changed the OAP's to 65 plus from 60.

The old man will be hit by this.
  • Options
    Sheff Wed U11 £17=1 month's pocket money.

bastards.
  • Options
    Anything over £25 is shameful from any club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What are we charging?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

What are we charging?

Edit: Realised this thread is only about away tickets.

We are charging QPR fans £26.

• Options
    Someone with more time on their hands than me should do a Championship grid to show prices for all the games.

Bit like when you can look up all the scores from the season.
  • Options
    £25.00 is a fair amount London games you don't mind paying a little more for as travel costs aren't as high but for sheff weds £39.00 plus a minimum of around £25/30.00 trains fare its pricing people out of away matches.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

What are we charging?

It appears we are charging £22 for silver games and £26 for gold games. These are fair prices, in my view, but they will reduce Charlton's revenue from away fans, which is a significant part of the matchday ticket income. The club will probably be about £90k down over the year before any increase in volume of sales. The problem with the latter is that if you are paying £30-£50 to get to The Valley, food, etc, a relatively small change in the ticket price doesn't really have much impact on demand.

It looks as if the club has tried to offset this by raising some home prices and possibly we may see more gold games than previously too, as they do not appear to have specified a number this time.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Someone with more time on their hands than me should do a Championship grid to show prices for all the games.

Not so easy with the different categorisation of games. Chef Wendy have 9 different category of games I believe
  • Options
    Wednesday charging Bristol City £39 on the opening day is scandalous. Maybe their new owner, the tuna magnate, is going to take a very aggressive approach.

Didn't we pay £10 at Hillsborough back in April. I guess that is a reflection of our special relationship
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Not so easy with the different categorisation of games. Chef Wendy have 9 different category of games I believe
    Just checked but gave up after three.

Foor games gainst tem lot tis 20 pound

Tis oother lot be 25 pound.

When play t'lot in red is 27 pound
  • Options
    £39 is a bit top heavy...its only Sheffield weds after all.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Leeds are charging us £37 this year. No thanks...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that's the trouble with football these days. Everyone is on the take
  • Options

Leeds are charging is £37 this year. No thanks...

Will Leeds get £37 being that they are on sky every effin week?
  • Options

Leeds are charging is £37 this year. No thanks...

Will Leeds get £37 being that they are on sky every effin week?
    Not from me they won't.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

What are we charging?

These are fair prices, in my view, but they will reduce Charlton's revenue from away fans, which is a significant part of the matchday ticket income. The club will probably be about £90k down over the year before any increase in volume of sales.
    You couldn't let us know the result of every home game as well as the size of the travelling support Airman?

Save me opening OooAaahs posts as well.

• Options
    How we can be a Gold game for anyone is a miracle
    I suppose Brentford and Qpr with smaller away ends could make us Gold but Fulham you can have as many as you like .
    Possibly Brighton , not sure when that is

• Options
    Have been on the Wednesday website and they have about 8 different price categories!

For a home fan you can pay up to a mind boggling £52!

Apparantly season-tickets are quite reasonable, but I reckon they are going to be hit hard on matchday sales.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Wednesday charging Bristol City £39 on the opening day is scandalous. Maybe their new owner, the tuna magnate, is going to take a very aggressive approach.

Didn't we pay £10 at Hillsborough back in April. I guess that is a reflection of our special relationship

Nah it was part of the Gordon Watson deal!.
  • Options

£25.00 is a fair amount London games you don't mind paying a little more for as travel costs aren't as high but for sheff weds £39.00 plus a minimum of around £25/30.00 trains fare its pricing people out of away matches.

the new owner, the tinned tuna man, needs to recoup the £37 million + he's spent on buying the club
  • Options

Leeds are charging us £37 this year. No thanks...

another new owner who needs to get his money back
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Addickted said:

Dazzler21 said:

What are we charging?

These are fair prices, in my view, but they will reduce Charlton's revenue from away fans, which is a significant part of the matchday ticket income. The club will probably be about £90k down over the year before any increase in volume of sales.
    You couldn't let us know the result of every home game as well as the size of the travelling support Airman?

Save me opening OooAaahs posts as well.

Do you really think the total away support over a season isn't easily predictable - or indeed grasp that it is predicted by the club in its budget and cash flow forecast?

It's an important revenue stream to the club - for some games larger than home match ticket revenue - and over 23 games pretty easy to estimate. Home match ticket revenue is more easily affected by fluctuations in form. With away contingents this will tend to balance out both over the season and year on year.

In the same way the breakdown between adults and concessions follows an entirely predictable pattern.

£90k impact was a 30 second calculation - if I went away and looked up the numbers I would probably refine it, but it's a fair working estimate, the point being it's a significant hit.