Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Maidstone Utd v CAFC XI - 23 July 2015 - PSF - Match Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Oops.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 53s54 seconds ago
    63' Charlton make a load of subs! It's roll on/roll off here. Aribo and Staunton both back on alongside Thomas. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3s3 seconds ago
    63' Konsa, Barrington and Sinclair also on. Bikey, Obileye, Griffiths, Harriott, Bone and Ansah all give way. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    We've equalised
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    67' GGOOOAAAL! Sinclair nets an equaliser. 1-1. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    Sinclair took that brilliantly. A superb through ball put it in, he cut in with a lovely touch and finished confidently. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m2 minutes ago
    80' 10 minutes remaining here. Still 1-1. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 48s48 seconds ago
    85' Chance for Maidstone as Thomas scuffs a shot wide from a good position. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    FT: @maidstoneunited 1 CAFC XI 1. Full report to follow on http://cafc.co.uk . #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Full report - typical pre season may have been too many subs.
  • Options
    My son just sent me a photo of him and his mates stood next to the Beast. He seemed to enjoy his night anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Just got back, decent enough game, thought we just about edged it.

Stand out players for us in my opinion, Staunton, Hanlon, Aribo, Lookman & Sinclair who was especially good.

Nice to see Bikey and Harriott one more time if their stay here is coming to an end.

Bikey played like a man who knows he is not wanted, shame to see him banished to the reserves.

Harriott was a class above anyone else on the pitch but spent most of his time showboating and trying to run the ball past every Maidstone player by himself, i wondered if he knew some scouts would be at the game.

Decent evening though watching a good game of football with a couple of pints.
  • Options
    Think we played better in first half overall. My MOM is Josh Staunton. Looked very assured and comfortable on the ball plus made a couple of goal saving challenges.

On this showing, doesn't look likely that Bikey is getting near our first team anytime soon.

Second half we played better after all those subs were made. Sinclair and Thomas also looking good once on.

Good night out at a friendly venue and good to see the kids play. Also need to remember it was a 3g pitch so was difficult.
  • Options
    Staunton was our stand out placated both a right wing back in the first half and as centre half In the second half.

I also liked the look of Martin Netzer on the right wing and Jake Sinclair, who finished well.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Three of the trialists, Dexter Peter, a centre back formerly with Norwich, 19-year-old left-back, Priestly Griffiths, previously with Middlesbrough and Slough's attacking midfielder, Joe Aribo, started.

The other three, former Southampton winger, Jake Sinclair,
    ex-Leicester midfielder, Marcel Barrington, and one junior Brentford striker, Martin Netzer, all featured from the bench.
  • Options
    Think they all looked good on the ball, lots of good control and passing. But at times we looked like a imitation of Arsenal, passing the ball to death. It was enjoyable and I was impressed with our play, especially as there were so many trailists, just thought at times we could have been a bit more incisive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

Think they all looked good on the ball, lots of good control and passing. But at times we looked like a imitation of Arsenal, passing the ball to death. It was enjoyable and I was impressed with our play, especially as there were so many trailists, just thought at times we could have been a bit more incisive.

In fairness, most friendlies are played like this, particularly with trialists involved

• Options

cfgs said:

In fairness, most friendlies are played like this, particularly with trialists involved

Wasn't a grumble, really enjoyed last night and think most if not all involved on our side looked pretty decent.
  • Options
    Can only echo the comments above, particularly about Harriot and Sinclair. Some good football played, though - and the opposition were taking it very seriously if the amount of times the ref had to speak to them about challenges and language is anything to go by!