Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

7yo Canadian fan visiting tomorrow!

My wife and kids are across in the UK at the moment - my wife is taking my son (7) to The Valley for his second visit (last time I doubt he remembers)! Is the museum open tomorrow? She is pretty clueless about the whole match day experience too I am afraid! Anything else he should see or do before the game? Is there a family section open tomorrow in the ground? my pre-match - pre-kids routine was always boozing so have no idea about going to the Valley with kids. Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Museum is open from 11am tomorrow. It is also the clubs annual open day so there should be a few bits for him to see or do in the west stand car park (I hope)
  • Didn't fancy the trip G? When you next over mate?
  • edited July 2015
    It's family day tomorrow , so there will be some carnival rides and other bits in the west stand car park ... Also a meet and greet in the community centre bit opposite the club store after the game.
  • The new "fans bar" will be open in the North Upper - a really great day out at Charlton is now checking out the Museum which is really good, and youngsters can look and feel some of the classic jerseys of days gone by whilst lifting some of the many random trophies that our club has won. After they can go into this new bar which is in the North stand, his mother can have a well deserved wine - in a proper glass - whilst your lad watches the panoramic view of the boys warming up. It's a great family day these days.
  • Didn't fancy the trip G? When you next over mate?

Sadly couldn't make it because of work - strange feeling not being there while the family is - hoping now for next year, but my boy is excited beyond belief to be heading up to The Valley tomorrow!!
  • se9addick said:

The new "fans bar" will be open in the North Upper - a really great day out at Charlton is now checking out the Museum which is really good, and youngsters can look and feel some of the classic jerseys of days gone by whilst lifting some of the many random trophies that our club has won. After they can go into this new bar which is in the North stand, his mother can have a well deserved wine - in a proper glass - whilst your lad watches the panoramic view of the boys warming up. It's a great family day these days.

that's great info - will send this to her - suspect my credit card is going to take a hammering in the store after the game as well :-)
  • Oakster said:

Didn't fancy the trip G? When you next over mate?

Sadly couldn't make it because of work - strange feeling not being there while the family is - hoping now for next year, but my boy is excited beyond belief to be heading up to The Valley tomorrow!!
    Can't go tomorrow mate, otherwise would have seen them right for you. Hope he don't come back a Hammer!
  • Oakster said:

Didn't fancy the trip G? When you next over mate?

Can't go tomorrow mate, otherwise would have seen them right for you. Hope he don't come back a Hammer!
    Cheers D - a Hammer!! hadn't thought of that possibility - is it too late to send them to Peppa Pig World instead!
  • He could always have a couple of pre match pints in The Oak.
  • Hope it don't rain for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Another 0-0 draw to go with his previous visit to The Valley - 0-0 against Hull a few years ago - he'll definitely get that old Jim Davidson joke! Unbeaten record though :)
  • Hope u enjoyed the visit.
  • Hope it was a good day for all. What did you get in the club shop?
  • That's a lot of Canadian fans.